Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
New Camper

Parallel battery help

I have a crossroads 26RB and had placed the trailer in a storage lot since I can not have it in front of my house. I that if I disconnected the battery ground cable I could save battery and/or protect from someone trying to steel it. Well I went today to pick it up and tried to reconnect it. I'm sure I did it right, but I had no power to the trailer, I couldn't turn the power jack on or lights inside. So I connected it to the truck hoping to help. Well that didn't work either. Then twenty minutes later of figiting with the batteries, i get a error from my truck saying Battery not charging review manual. Does anyone happen to have a picture of what the battery connections should look like? I should have done that before I disconnected it. Oh when I connect the ground I hear a beeping sound form somewhere inside the trailer. i just don't know where it is coming from. Its only for a few short beeps. Please help. We are supposed to leave out of town in three days.
fmoreno68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

There is a chance the battery was reinstalled backwards. On many Crossroads, the Black cable is Positive, and the White is Negative and is chassis ground. Kind of like house wiring.
Barring that, it's possible your trailer battery was very dead. So dead that when the truck was in the circuit, the draw was too heavy and blew something, hopefully just a cheap fuse. Bring the TT battery home and charge it up if possible. Check your truck for a blown trailer tow fuse. There may be several.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
New Camper

I didn't even think of that. I'll check the fuses in the truck. I have had this trailer for a year and never had this issue. I'm going to check the fuses in both the trailer and truck. I did bring both batteries home and charging them now. I hope this works.
fmoreno68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoreno68 View Post
I didn't even think of that. I'll check the fuses in the truck. I have had this trailer for a year and never had this issue. I'm going to check the fuses in both the trailer and truck. I did bring both batteries home and charging them now. I hope this works.
If you have two 6v batteries they should be connected in series, plus to minus. If they are two 12v batteries then connect in parallel plus to plus, minus to minus.
The beeping could be a gas detector alarm, mine is hard wired.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The intermittent beeping iis the co2/propane sniffer. they beep when the battery is almost dead.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, not charging, parallel