Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Having problems hooking IPOD to USB port on Jensen stereo. Display shows loading forever but never starts playing music. Anybody else have this problem or know a solution?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

The USB in the Jensen units are not compatible with iPod/iPad/iPhone. We Use the mini headphone jack from the Jensen to our Apple products.

Edited by: 8iron

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
I bought a really cool device to bluetooth stream from my iPhone to the Jensen. It's a little box that connects to the headphone jack on the Jensen.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
I bought a really cool device to bluetooth stream from my iPhone to the Jensen. It's a little box that connects to the headphone jack on the Jensen.

I'm a little behind the times on the electronic gadgets. I don't even own an IPOD but wife and daughters do. If you could provide name of the gadget you bought or a link to it that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

FYI
I'veplayed my i-pod using the usb jacks on the the Jensen stereo for the last 4 years with no difficulty
Cal
Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I have a 2011 unit and mine has the Jensen radio with the USB port. I use my IPOD with the USB port. Mine usually shows loading then takes about 5-10 minutes before it kicks in and starts playing. It's always been like that. So, I usually just plug it in and go do something else. Then it will come on when it's ready. But it will play on the Jensen with the USB port. Plug it in and give it some time and see what happens. Good luck. Let us knowEdited by: Papa-T

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher

I'm a little behind the times on the electronic gadgets. I don't even own an IPOD but wife and daughters do. If you could provide name of the gadget you bought or a link to it that would be great.

Thanks!

There are many choices - go to Amazon and seach Bluetooth Iphone or Bluetooth IPOD. Not sure if any of the ipods have bluetooth - maybe the touch does. The gadget is cool though. As long as I'm within 30 feet of my trailer, it works. Nice to change tunes from by phone or que up playlist, or just pause it when someone comes up to talk. Also, you can control volume from your phone too.Edited by: wincrasher
Old 08-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

We use the little white cord that plugs into the headphone jack. Works fine that way.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T
I have a 2011 unit and mine has the Jensen radio with the USB port. I use my IPOD with the USB port. Mine usually shows loading then takes about 5-10 minutes before it kicks in and starts playing. It's always been like that. So, I usually just plug it in and go do something else. Then it will come on when it's ready. But it will play on the Jensen with the USB port. Plug it in and give it some time and see what happens. Good luck. Let us know

I plugged in the IPOD last night to the USB port and left it for 30 minutes and it still didn't start playing, just kept saynig USB LOADING. I guess I will try one of the other suggestions.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Sorry you are having trouble. These things cane very frustrating. Could be so many things - bad USB cable, version of iPod not supported, faulty iPod or faulty Jensen unit

First check you manual to see if your kind of iPod is supported. If you don't have one, search online to download one. Next, try another cable. If these don't solve it, then you Have to look at either a different iPod or getting the jensen checked.

Good luck
Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

I have had this same problem when trying to use the USB connection on the Jensen stereo, hooking it up to my ipod. I was wondering if the Jensen stereo only works with ipods/iphones up to a certain size? Mine is a 120 GB ipod, it shows USB Loading for hours and nothing ever happens.The owners manual doesn't say anything other than it should be compatible with an ipod.
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I ended up buying a $6 dollar cable that hooks to the Ipod headphone jack and then into the Aux jack on the stereo and it worked perfect. I found a trouble shooting manual for the stereo and it talks about a IPOD cable that connects to the back of the stereo and then only works with certain models of the IPOD my stereo does not have this cable running from the back of the stereo. The manula didn't really talk about hooking up IPODS to the USB port. I hooked up a phone (that is not a apple product) to the USB and it played the MP3 music files with no problem. I tried4 different IPOD models/generations on the USB connection and all failed to play.