Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Propane not getting to the outdoor kitchen

We picked up our used 2015 ST240BH unit last Saturday(5/20), and went to a local RV park this weekend for a "shakedown cruise". To my joy and relief, everything on the trailer worked perfectly, with one exception: Propane was not getting to the outdoor kitchen, so we could not use the 2 burner stove. Having the outdoor kitchen was a major part of why we bought this trailer, so I do want to get it working. I will call the dealer tomorrow to see if I can take it in to be fixed. We bought the extended warranty, so I'm assuming I'm covered for this.

I wanted to see if any of you have had this problem, and if so how it was resolved. Thanks!
"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"
smw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Did you turn on the valve????
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

When you connected the stove to the camper, did you turn the small handle that sits on top of the female connector?

If you did and still had no gas i'd venture the vavle is bad or the hose to the stove is bad\clogged.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

To Fhenn's point: Yes.
Assuming you meant the valve at the tank. Everything else in the trailer that uses propane (inside stove/oven, water heater, and furnace) was tested and worked correctly.

To Burgy's point: Yes I did, but here's the full story...
When we picked up the trailer, the hose that connects the range top to the camper propane source (there are 2 side by side) was missing, so they gave me a new one. I did not hook it up and test it right then , because everything else on the walkthrough worked. When I tried to connect it on the shakedown cruise, the male connector on the new hose would not fit into either of the two source outlets. Another camper had a long hose that we tried, and it did connect, but the stove would not work. I did open and close the small handle but to no effect. When I got home Sunday, I went to the hardware store and bought a new female connector to install and try. This one does not have the handle. My hose connected just fine, but still no gas.

If your suspicion of a clogged line is correct, I assume it has to be in the line connected directly to the range top. How do you go about cleaning that?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Try hooking up the bbq or someones bbq to the quick connect to see if that works. if so , then it is with the stove. maybe there is a shut off on the actual stove.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I had a similar incident and eventually learned there was a valve I needed to turn on the trailer line where the quick connect is. This was in addition to the quick connect valve on the hose that connects to my BBQ.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I have determined that propane is getting to the Cooktop. So its either a clogged line (I tried clearing it with a small wire) or a bad regulator in the stove. I have an apt Wed AM at the dealer to take care of it
Old 09-07-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Just to close out this thread, I picked up my trailer today from the dealer. Bottom line is there are apparently multiple types of quick disconnect connectors out there. They look the same but won't work together

The dealer got everything replaced with the proper lines and I an now, as the say, "Cooking with Gas!"

Hats off to Mike Thompson RV in Santa Fe Springs. They took care of things no questions asked! When I hooked it up I found I was missing one of the hooks on my weight distribution hitch. The service tech walked me into the parts shop and handed me one right off the shelf!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Thats good to hear. A professional dealer that is willing to step up for little things is a good sign. Those seem to be rare these days.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Isn't that the truth !!!! kudo's to the dealer !

I've found that having an external bbq with a regulator has to be modified to work off your tanks... something about two regulators in line or something ?

I didn't/don't bbq enough to finish the research so the external bbq is stored away in the garage... (with 4 or 5 rv's worth of stuff !) need to have an rv related garage sale there is so many unfinished projects in there

the wife calls me the rv hoarder
Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I'm glad to here that you got the issue resolved. Also I am glad to here that there are still a few good dealers out there that still care about customer service even after they have your money.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Isn't that the truth !!!! kudo's to the dealer !

I've found that having an external bbq with a regulator has to be modified to work off your tanks... something about two regulators in line or something ?

I didn't/don't bbq enough to finish the research so the external bbq is stored away in the garage... (with 4 or 5 rv's worth of stuff !) need to have an rv related garage sale there is so many unfinished projects in there

the wife calls me the rv hoarder
For God sake don't get rid of anything. I did that and I'm always needing something that I had got rid of.
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote