Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
New Camper

Two questions:
1.) Can I run the mini fridge with the outside kitchen door closed or does it need to be open for fear of it over heating?

2.) On the front cap of the trailer there is a strip of leds..how do u turn those on?I haven't pulled at night yet...are those like the marker lights that come on when the truck lights are on?

Thx in advance for the help. We are packing for our first trip starting tomorrow after work.

Thanks!

John
jrc519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Our SF32RL has vents so "outside" fridge "'breathes'" / vents to inside
Blue LEDs are switched in front street compartment w/ battery. Do NOT travel on the road w/ Blue LEDs turned on, some law enforcement have no tolerance . . .
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Yes, my fridge is on 24-7. Great beer cooler!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
New Camper

Maiden voyage this past weekend but still a little nervous about the outside fridge. I too wanted to use it as a beer-ridgerator. However when I close the outside kitchen door that mini fridge gets hot! My son sleeps right on top of that fridge. Is this normal. I mean it wasn't too hot to touch. But definitely hot enough to post a reply. I went home after the weekend and checked the mini fridge in our garage. It was warm but not nearly as hot. Do u think this is a function of the fridge starting up and working harder to cool down. And maybe it will relax a little once it reaches to temp at which the dial is set?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
New Camper

By the way thanks. Thanks for the tip on the LED's. Holy cow those are bright. It lit up the neighbors campsite across the road. Ha!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

JRC, don't worry about how bright the LED's are. Half of them will be burnt out in a month or so :-)
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Don't worry about the LEDs. I've had my ST25RB since April w/ no LED burn outs on either the awning lights or the front cap lights. Just enjoy them.

I like the blue lights on the front cap. Looks great at night...and they are bright!
Fatboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Agree - those blue LEDs on the front are SUPER brilliant and very cool. We leave them on for a little while at dusk just for show...but after that I turn them off so as not to annoy the whole campground. LOL!

We've noticed the same issue with our mini-fridge in the outdoor kitchen in our ST28BH. It REALLY gets hot! I'm assuming it's because it's jammed into that little compartment. It does seem to cool down a bit once the inside has reached the correct temperature. And on the bright side, we can get a case of beer in there and it stays icy cold! We plug it in the night before a trip, it is off while traveling (this one doesn't a have propane connection), then leave it turned on the entire time we are parked, whether the outdoor kitchen bay door is open or closed. No issues so far.

Happy Trails!
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote