Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2017, 05:07 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

RCA TV cable not connected to Media center

We just took delivery of our new ss289qb and couldn't figure out why the video was not playing on the TV until I decided to check out the RCA cables off the tv that weren't attached to anything on the other end as they pulled right out of the hole to the media unit. I'm kicking myself for not checking that in more detail at the walk through, but does anyone know how to get into the area where the furion DVD/radio unit is? I don't see any obvious panels that come off and don't want to muck anything up right away. There's the USB charger ports on the side, but you'd have to have some pretty small hands.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Denali769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Pictures would be helpful. I am currently refurbishing the video system on a Monaco Motorhome. Trying to figure out how to get into the spaces you need to access is a bit of a challenge, but I have it gutted now and am waiting for new parts. If you take pics, maybe I can help you figure out the easiest way to fix it.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
New Camper

The cover of the radio just pops off, you'll see four screws to undo an the radio pulls out. Had to do it myself last weekend.
jwthompson_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
New Camper

Same thing happened to me on our 2017 289QB, I took the panel with the slide and awning controls off. Once it's off there's a access hole leading to the back of your radio/DVD player. You'll see the rca jacks. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Branden_Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I removed the front lower plate of the radio off as jw mentioned and then the 4 screws which let the radio come out. The RCA cables were capped off, so it was apparent that it was never connected. I patched them in and all is working.

I'm tempted to connect the tv output to the radio input as well so that I can play all tv audio, including broadcast tv, over the stereo speakers and not just the DVD and radio.

It still amazes me how cheap and low tech the components all are in campers, but have to keep price down I guess.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Denali769 is offline   Reply With Quote