Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We just got a sunset lite 250RB, finding the dinette bunk uncomfortable to sit in when 4 of us want to play cards, was thinking of removing and putting a table and 4 chairs, that way we could spread out if we wanted

Has anyone taken theirs out?

Thanks
Christina
Old 09-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

FYI for anyone that is thinking of doing it, dont bother, its glued and screwed to the side wall, almost ripped the wall
the its staying in.

will know for the next one to factory order a dining set not a bunkette
Old 04-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Bringing this back from the dead since I was thinking of doing it with my 2016 ST250RB. I have the removable table so I wouldn't even have to buy a table, only chairs.

Anyway, this news is disappointing. I'm not going to tear the wall up on my trailer just for a small convenience.

Amazing what you can learn by doing a search.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I'd like to do this too, but didn't want to do more damage than good. I wonder if we could cut the existing frame of the bench seats as close as possible to the walls and floor, then sand those spots flush and repaint or cover with new carpet/linoleum/etc?

I'm relatively handy, but not with RV repair & don't have the $ to fix what I mess up.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDog66 View Post
I'd like to do this too, but didn't want to do more damage than good. I wonder if we could cut the existing frame of the bench seats as close as possible to the walls and floor, then sand those spots flush and repaint or cover with new carpet/linoleum/etc?

I'm relatively handy, but not with RV repair & don't have the $ to fix what I mess up.
From what I've seen on mine I wouldn't have to do anything to the floor, just fluff up the carpet and try not to unravel it when I removed the screws.

The dinette side being glued to the wall is what bothers me.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Use a hand wood planer or sharp wood chisel to remove the frame wood down as flush as possible to the paneling. Then cover any remaining damage with paint, wallpaper or beadboard and chair rail.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Just went out and looked at mine. The side near the couch doesn't appear to be held by much. It's the one I want out of the way anyhow.

The other one appears to be solidly attached and probably glued to the slideout wall.

When it isn't raining and cold I'm going to look at it again. If the one side was out I could move the table farther from the other booth side and have room to sit down. Only 2 of us anyhow. I'm kind of cramped right now sitting there.

I could also move the dog kennel into the side that I take out. Right now we put it in front of the table and have to walk around it.

I'd miss the cool pull out storage box though, and I'd have to find somewhere to wrap all this up and store it in case I trade it some day.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

If I'd have known that table and chairs were available for my unit I sure would have tried to get them.

I just fell in love with the floorplan and didn't even think about it. Every camping trailer I'd ever been in had a booth.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I know this is old, but, for future remodelers-
We took the dinette out of our 290QB with no problem! The back of the booth was only attached with screws, so, it was easy to remove. When we got it out, we just put a piece of molding like a chair rail.
It opened up our area beautifully!
Riobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
Amk
Weekend Camper

Dinette

For those that DID remove the dinette, did you order a table from the rv company????? Just curious what you replaced it with since I was thinking about the same.
Amk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

My wife and I are thinking about doing this and found this EXPANABLE Dining table at Ikea that we are probably going to buy. Small enough for the two of us but can be expanded if we have guests.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80340835/
Old 03-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

We just upgraded from our bumper pull trailer last June but we DID remove the built in Dinette table from it. ...and ours was screwed to the wall from the outside. I carefully removed the paneling and left the boards against the wall. Then I pried with a small pry bar to find the screws and CUT THE BOARD ON EITHER SIDE OF THE SCREWS. You can then take a hammer on each side and BREAK THE BOARD. After that it's the Dremel to cut the screws.

We went back with a second jackknife couch. It covered up the area where the dinette was and we got most of the storage back.
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote