Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

roof caulking/sealant

hi to everyone. I was wondering what is the preferred type of caulking to use on seams,vents,ac etc. my roof is an almond color 2014 33BD. I am going to replace the factory antenna and need to reseal it. thanks
ajakarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Site Team

With a new trailer like that, plus it has the almond color, I would call CR an ask them for some of their colored roof sealant to match. I don't know where to purchase it other then that. Maybe someone else that knows will chime in here.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

ok thanks. my concern is do I use a self leveling lap sealant or proflex? im not sure of the difference? is one for seems only and the other for the flat surfaces etc. I can get proflex in almond but can only find the lap sealant in a paintable white. I was looking for a few other opinions on the matter. correction found dicor in dove probably pretty close to what is on the new reserve roof
Old 02-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

here is a link the may help it did for me (watch the video) I will be checking my roof type before proceeding. I always like to double triple check on something before I do it even advice from the dealer in my opinion should be checked. you never know If the tech is well trained for sure. I have found that proflex sealant can only be used on a TPO type roof and dicor can be used on both TPO and EPDM type roof. please leave more feedback everyone. feel this is good info to have on the shelf. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...nt-white/32125
Old 02-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Site Team

That is what I use on my roof when ever I open up something, or add. The self leveling is the stuff for the roof. When ever I've used it, I make sure it's a warm day and it seems to spread and level better.
If your roof is almond color I would hold off until you can locate some.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

My local Camping world had the almond self leveling in stock and matched just fine for me.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

glad to here almond matches that is what I will try. thanks
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

This is the response I got when I e-mailed Crossroads. Alpha Sealant. They have both Self Leveling and vertical applications. see below

Hello again, Jason!
You are looking for Alpha 1015 in beige. If you call Tiara RV Sales in Elkhart Indiana, they can order it for you. You will need primer as well. 574-266-2136 and ask for parts.
Hope this helps.

Bill Stout
Warranty / Tech Support / Customer Care
Crossroads RV Company

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error and then delete it. Thank you.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Ok that helps I will see if I can find some guess I should have email crossroads directly. my dealer wanted to give me something off the shelf and I didn't think it was right. I traveled 240 miles to Michigan to get my 33BD and could only communicate with them on the phone that is why I didn't have a good feeling about it. they had a great price on the TT but there service wasn't the best
Old 02-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

I contacted Alpha and they told me it was OK to use Dicor on the roof since I was having problems obtaining the Alpha. I don't think it is available in almond color, though. I have used white on the roof with no problems and it does not show.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

My bathroom skylight was leaking on my brand new 2013 HCT32RL. I tried caulking twice, yet it still leaked. I ended up buying some of the CLEAR spray on sealant in the can, like they sell on TV. It worked great, havent had any more leaks since. That stuff really does work. On TV, it's black, but they sell a clear version. Good Luck.
cwalther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajakarr View Post
hi to everyone. I was wondering what is the preferred type of caulking to use on seams,vents,ac etc. my roof is an almond color 2014 33BD. I am going to replace the factory antenna and need to reseal it. thanks

I bought a 2013 300BH and installed a remote fan this summer and couldn't find the almond self leveling caulk. Called customer service and they sent me two tubes in a couple days on the house..

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote