Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I recently had a leak from the check valve of the San-t-flush. Water ended up leaking all over the 30amp panel and we ended up with some water damage inside the trailer, That's another story. As a temporary fix I by passed the valve an connected directly to the second water line. This seems to work better as long as I use a back flow preventer on the outside hook up. Has anyone ever had an issue where the check valve actually had to be used. I,m thinking of just leaving it without the check valve. I don't trust that a new one won't leak again, they are pretty cheap quality.

2013 Sunset Trail 29ss

Hunter(black lab) and Scout(Shishon)
northern21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

There has been a lot of discussion about the San-T-Flush system recently. I had the same problem with my 25RB. It was a simple fix of tightening the 'cheap' vacuum breaker fittings beyond one's comfort level. The service manager at CW told me that when they have to replace one of these vacuum breakers they don't use the plastic junk but they install an identical brass version obtained from the local plumbing supply store.

This topichttp://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...sh-not-workingcovers some of what you may be looking for and more. Aside from that, if you're diligent in utilizing the exterior backflow-preventer you will likely be okay. Although, you will certainly hear different from those who live in a world of black and white.
2006 Ford F-250 6.0L

logicsrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

If the water is coming from the part of the vacuum break that is a 90 deg elbow corner and not the fittings , drop part of the black plastic covering under the trailer and look in with a flashlight to where the hose goes and connects to the black tank .Mine was leaking at the corner of the vac break until I found that the hose was kinked at the black tank and causing to much back pressure . I added more hose and no more kink and no more leak .
take a look. (my fresh water hose at the tank was kinked also , had to fix that myself too. ).

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

That's good thanks, I'll pull the underbelly off and take a look to see if a kink might be the culprit. When I did my own test I pulled the electrical panel off and could see the water gushing out of the check valve cap. On our last trip I used the toilet wand and it worked great and at least I can see what's going on and know that my floor isn't getting flooded!!

2013 Sunset Trail 29ss

Hunter(black lab) and Scout(Shishon)
northern21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Interesting idea on kinked black tank flush line. I also had to un kink my fresh water supply line. Unbelievable stupidity, all you had to do was look at it and know it wasn't right.

My black tank flush did exactly the same as you, electric panel got soaking wet. Got a replacement valve from CR. will replace it in the next month or so.
2004 Grizzly 660
2005 C4S (sold)
Glenn996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

CR is cutting corners and assembly crew is on piece work = no QC = inferior product = disatisfied customer. It won't change till the Profit Margin drops! It is not like the auto industry thse people get away with substandard practices.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote