Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Shower Not Draining

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well and staying safe. I have a question about my shower not draining. If I run water in the bathroom sink it comes up through the shower. I have tried a lot of baking powder and vinegar, have plunged until my arms are ready to fall off, and snaked the bathroom sink, the shower, and the grey water pipe using a 15' auger. Pulled a small ball of gunk out with the auger. Still not draining. The kitchen sink and outdoor sink both drain as normal.

I have read the previous threads on this and was struck by someone saying if the trailer isn't level the shower will not drain. I did inflate the trailer tires last week and noticed one was down this weekend. We are seasonal weekend campers and the site is over an hour away so we can't just pop there every day. If the trailer isn't level could this really cause the shower to not drain?

Thanks in advance.

Madcol
Madcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Sorry, we have a 2016 33BD. Had it in my signature before, didn't realize it had disappeared.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Mad
If I had to bet on it I would say there is a block in the pipe...I would think for the level of the camper to affect the flow of water it would have to be in combination with the drain pipe not being plumbed correctly also...My bet would be a clog...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

May be a silly question, but you are sure that bath grey tank is empty?
If only the shower were backing up I'd bet it's clogged. But with lavatory also backing up the shower, their drains should not be connected other than going into the same tank, I'm guessing you have another drain valve hidden underneath the RV that's for the bath grey tank.
The RV being level should have no effect on the shower draining unless it's extremely off kilter.
With it being on a seasonal site hopefully you ARE NOT leaving the black valve open, but rather draining it when full. NEVER EVER leave the black valve open constantly, this will create a "poop pyramid" in the black due the the liquid draining leaving the solids to dry out, like paper mache with toilet paper & fecal matter, that's a real PITA to remove.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
Site Team

The specs list 2 gray tanks. Look for another drain handle, could be on opposite side of rv.

Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks

Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity
40.0 gal.

Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks

Total Gray Water Tank Capacity
80.0 gal.

Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks

Total Black Water Tank Capacity
40.0 gal.

Here is where I got the specs from:

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2016-...st33bd-tr26971

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

See,this is why I have joined this site. The replies are always so helpful.

I went to the trailer the next day but hadn't seen these replies. Made certain it's level but still no draining. Plunged and plunged for about 2 hours, spoke with a plumber, called a few RV repair places, was told to bring it in.

Snaked the drains again, still nothing, so I went home.

Then I read these replies and maybe the additional grey water tank is the answer. I had no idea there were two so don't I look stupid. And a big thanks for those specs, mark. I searched but could not find. I will take a look around the trailer when we head there on Friday for the other handle. The underbelly is enclosed so unless I want to cut into that, it will be hard to access the pipes underneath.

And travelin texans, clearly the question was not silly as I didn't know about the extra tank! I have never used the shower in the trailer but my wife does. I use the park showers.

I don't leave the black water open. The park cleans the black water tank every two weeks - it's an extra service we pay for. I add a septic treatment every weekend as well.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate this community and the willingness to help. I will report back after the weekend.

Stay safe!
Old 06-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #7
Site Team

Our trailer has 3 drain vales also. 2 under the side front. 3rd is tucked up tight to the frame behind the tires. All on the same side.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks Lloyd. The black and the grey I KNOW about are on the same side, opposite side from the door. I will be crawling underneath the trailer this weekend and looking closely for the 3rd....