Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2022, 06:40 AM   #1
New Camper

Slide control board

I wrote a post and lost it. I hope I am not double posting. We have 2014 sunset trail. The title says model 32 body style CT. We are attempting to move it for the first time since buying it in 2018. It has been parked at a lake RV park. One of the sides of the living room slide won’t move. Through research online, we are trying to use the control board to reset it. Or even disconnect it. We spent hours looking for it yesterday. We found one in the bedroom and it controlled the closet. Looked under fridge behind drawer. We looked in every cabinet. Nothing. Any advice?
Daniellealaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Is this a travel trailer?

There really is no control board.. if it's like my 2015, there is a switch and a motor + gear box and a cable system that pulls the slide in and out..

Do you have a cover like this? Pull the screws out and check to see if you have power at the motor when moving the switch to extend or retract.

If you do, it's probably the motor. If you hear the motor but it doesn't move then you have a stripped gear box. 20220404_104411.jpg

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks for the reply. The trim is small and straight and doesn’t have a big area we could open like that. Yes it’s a travel trailer. Like I said we found a control box for the closet slide so there has to be one for this slide also. Maybe box isn’t the correct word. Maybe it’s a circuit board?
Old 04-04-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Post up some pictures. That'll help. This is my control panel. Behind it is a 3-prong switch.. you could check there for power.

Is it a cable operated slide? You would see cables outside at the top and bottom. 20220404_175004.jpg20220404_175213.jpg

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:36 PM   #5
Site Team

I believe you have a Schwintek slide system as they have control boards. If you had the model number of your camper maybe someone with that model could better help. From my research they are usually behind a panel close to the slide so look for a panel with some screws to remove it or also check inside of the dinette seats or even inside a cabinet there may be a access point. If you find it or the model number let us know. Good luck.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:16 AM   #6
New Camper

I have a lippert system manual that came with the trailer. I am going back tomorrow and will get some pictures and look around some more. I am not sure how to get the model number. I only have what is listed on the title. ����*♀️
Old 04-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Dan; on my TT which has 2 Lippert/Schwintek slides, the controller modules are located in the bottom cabinet of the entertainment center. The only way to see them or to operate them is to lay on the floor and shine a flashlight into the cabinet. My point being; our friends at Crossroads assembly like to hide them. Good luck!!
Old 04-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #8
Site Team

There should be a tag on the road/drivers side front corner that would have the model number as well as the tire inflation numbers.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:20 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Describing the slideout system would help us identify what you have. Does it have cables,or a rack along the sides? Or drive rods under the slide?
I have the cable drive system, there is no control box, it is hard wired to the motor/gearbox on top of the slide, behind the decorative panel.
I had the switches go bad three times now in 5 years. You can usually 'feel' that they are bad, because the innards came apart. I could wiggle them to make them work.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellealaine View Post
I wrote a post and lost it. I hope I am not double posting. We have 2014 sunset trail. The title says model 32 body style CT. We are attempting to move it for the first time since buying it in 2018. It has been parked at a lake RV park. One of the sides of the living room slide won’t move. Through research online, we are trying to use the control board to reset it. Or even disconnect it. We spent hours looking for it yesterday. We found one in the bedroom and it controlled the closet. Looked under fridge behind drawer. We looked in every cabinet. Nothing. Any advice?
You can access your posts by going to your profile page, and see the list of all your posts. It helps us help you if you list your year/make/model in your signature line.
Your model number is usually next to the door, or you can get it off the serial number plate usually near the water ports.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:59 AM   #11
New Camper

Thanks everyone for trying to help. The local RV repair guy made time to run over to us and help. He had initially told me he was too swamped. He found the panel in the cabinets at the entry across from bathroom door. I looked in there 5 times and never noticed it. We got the slide in and the trailer moved to our house. Thank you!
Old 04-15-2022, 08:20 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Dan; on my TT which has 2 Lippert/Schwintek slides, the controller modules are located in the bottom cabinet of the entertainment center. The only way to see them or to operate them is to lay on the floor and shine a flashlight into the cabinet. My point being; our friends at Crossroads assembly like to hide them. Good luck!!
This
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote