Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
New Camper

Slide gasket

The verticals gaskets on our LR slide will not stay attached. When we open the slide they come loose from the channel that holds them on. We have a 2017 250RB. I am continually removing the one screw on the bottom removing them completely and sliding them back into the channel from the bottom to reattach them. Any suggestions on a fix?
Cschanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:18 AM   #2
New Camper

Slide gaskets

I am not the expert you were hoping for. I did just replace the top and side gaskets on my 2015 28bh. The sides were loose and the top was out of track on the bottom. I bought an exact replacement (AP Products 018-312-EKD D Seal for EKD Base-1" x 15/16" x 35', Black) for my sides. You'll notice it's marked 15/16" where as the track clearly measures 3/4". They had a bead of glue on the outside that held the gasket in place. I cleaned it off with plastic scrapers and paint thinner and bought Geocel GC28100 Pro Flex Rv Flexible Clear to replace it. I can't speak for the performance of the caulk but it appeared to be very similar to the origional. My top gasket was "AP Products 018-522 EK Slide-On D Seal with Fins, 1-1/2" x 1" x 40". For me that was the only fix. Luckily the quantities sold will do two changes because I bet I'll be revisiting this problem. I found all parts on Amazon.
EricR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
New Camper

Interesting. Mine does not have any caulk. Seems that when the slide compresses the gasket on closure it pushes the sides right out of the channel they ride in.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
New Camper

Oversight

Not discounting the ill-fitting gaskets, is it possible that the lack of caulk is a factory oversite? Hopefully someone or two will weigh in on this. I definitely had a bead of flexible, clear caulk along the top gasket and down the outsides of the side gaskets. As loose fitting as they are I would be uncomfortable without it.
EricR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
New Camper

Just replaced the top and side slide wiper seals on 2009 Seville. Used the AP seals from amazon and Geocel GC28100 Pro Flex Rv Flexible Clear. Each wiper seal had a bead of sealant on the inside surface of the seal.
Bowlesri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

The bulb seal is likely sticking to the slide. Place some baby powder on the bulb seal and it will not stick to the slide anymore. I put baby powder in a fabric chore glove, tied it to the end of a broom stick and tapped it against the seal. The powder worked its way through the glove and I was able to reach all areas. Even under the slide out cover. Good luck, Jim
Jim1972 is offline   Reply With Quote