Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slide Leak

Getting very frustrated with our unit. Has been in the shop 3 times for a leak on the wardrobe slide. Discovered this leak when washing the unit with the slide in. This is after their 3rd attempt to correct the leak. When I went to pick it up last Saturday, the dealer had just put a bunch of caulking on the top corners. I refused it and a few days later they said the top seal on the trailer had been removed and replaced. Doesn't look like they verified the top seal of the slide though. These work hand-in-hand I thought to keep water out. This slide has leaked since we bought it, and with the slide in, not sure whether it leaks with it extended. The pic shows the top right of the slide and seal. I'm no engineer but I don't think there should be a gap in the horizontal seal, it should fully cover the vertical shouldn't it. Not sure how this unit passed the water test at the factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept27-2015-1.jpg (208.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Sept27-2015-10.jpg (172.3 KB, 12 views)
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT, Mega Cab
Cummins powered
Golfreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

First of all, they do not do the water test on every trailer, just some of them. Second, I know for a fact that if you are unable to get an item repaired at the dealer, you can contact the factory and take it there. The factory is in Topeka, Indiana, about 10 minutes south of Shipshewana.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:40 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have a bedroom slide leak similar to yours. Make sure you check the inside of the wardrobe and the exterior bottom of the slide for moisture. The bottom of my slide started to swell when the OSB flooring became wet, I also found the screws under the slide floor starting to rust. The swelling may not be easily seen at first, but if you run your hand along the bottom you can fell a slight ridge forming near the edges. Inside, the bedframe became wet where it attached to the slide wall, and the particleboard also swelled.

A slide topper was recommended to stop future leaks along the top seal. I would contact CrossRoads and ask for advice on getting the unit repaired or inspected. I am still getting assistance from the company. Good luck
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hi there!

I don't like the looks of this at all :-( On behalf of CrossRoads, I've contacted you privately to get some more information and to see how we can help.

Thanks!
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have a 2014 32bh and it has leaked since I brought it home. It has been to dealer twice where I bought it, an on site rv repair, another dealer and it still leaks. I added toppers and it leaks the same.

i filed a claim with crossroads and it was denied so you know how I feel about them, last crossroads product for me.
I always think I stopped the leaks and it shows up again but only when slides are in.

I used great stuff sealer on bottom frame area thinking that would work, no.

I have used silicon on every place I can think of so if I see rain coming I put the slides out.
onlywvu is offline   Reply With Quote