Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Hello to all, getting our ST25RB trailer ready for our vacation trip to Myrtle Beach in July. Put step ladder up along one slide & pulled back rubber gasket to see if I could locate slide motor realease screw..."just in case". Wanted to be prepared in the event had trouble with slide going out or back in while away on vaction. Was not able to locate where the screw to release motor was. The Schwintek video's made it look real simple, but of course they're not using a real live trailer. Anyone have any experience releasing either of 2 slide motors?? Would love to hear from anyone thats located the "release screw" and where & how exactly they found it.

Take care!
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

we had problem with our 2012 30 RE and I had to disconnect the battery & AC power supply then get two people to push it in. it was easy once you unhook all the power

Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the info. So you didn't have to remove motor securing screw, then lift motor up to disengage?? You just had to disconnect all power (battery & AC)?? That sounds so much easier!! I thought as long as motor engaged in track, it would act as a brake. I guess that is what I'll try before trying to do what the Shwintekvideos say to do. I did manage to speak to Tom at Crossroads about where screw was located. The rubber weatherstripoutside by slide is siliconed to fiberglass wall. Tom said I would have to remove the top 4 or 5 inches of silicone in order to slide rubber gasket out of the way in order to reveal screw. Definately like your way best! Hope never have to, but good to know. Never had a slide to worry about in other trailers we've had. Thanks again Trini!
Have a great summer!

Edited by: Tonemeister
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

no prob I know it work for me hope to see you on the road some day.

Trini is offline   Reply With Quote