Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

want2BontheRoad, We just purchased a 27RKX, which we love. This is our 4th RV. We had a problem immediately similar to yours. It seemed as if the slider would "catch" and then it would tip pretty far before coming in. We were afraid it was going to scrape the ceiling on one side. We contacted the dealer. They ended up contacting Crossroads. It was agreed by all that the issue was too much weight (refrigerator) on one end of the slide, but no support under that part. Crossroads customized a stabilizer bar for the slide-out and the dealer installed it. Apparently it was a design flaw. We didn't pay a penny to fix it and Crossroads came up to the plate to fix the issue.

sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Sllamp,
Thanks for this info. I have scheduled my new 28RKX into CR for a few other problems early in July and after seeing this I too notice that my unit seems to "drop" very low on the outside and almost hit the ceiling when pulling the slide in. I have the reefer and a pantry along with the 9' sofa on the slide so I'm thinking the same thing. I just sent a message to Andi asking if the could look at mine and add the bracing when I'm there for the other repairs.

Again, Thanks,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

You have the same floorplan that we have. Ours is a 2012. If they question how they installed it, our dealership is Campingworld in Island Lake, IL. The two supports are actually under the sofa and somewhere around the cabinet between the fridge and the sofa. The one that was added actually was installed in the other direction to cross the two supports and go under the fridge.

sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #24
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Siilamp,
Thanks, sent your email to them and they have scheduled the techs to look at the slide; I will make sure they open it with me there so I can point out to them that I think it is wrong to dip that much. I will take a picture of the underside before I take it in and then I will have them put the slide out when I go to pick it up. If it does not dip I will know they have 'fixed' it and I trust they will...but I will look under the slide just to be sure.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote