Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

I know this is an older thread, but I have a follow up question.
I had been unable to attach the hose with the quick connect fitting.
Does the water need to be on to do it? Does it need pressure?
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:55 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I know this is an older thread, but I have a follow up question.
I had been unable to attach the hose with the quick connect fitting.
Does the water need to be on to do it? Does it need pressure?
No, the water should be off, meaning the valve(s) at the outlet. Mine is a hot/cold water faucet, some are just cold. If it's not on, I would think the pressure would make it more difficult to push the fitting on.
Mine has a lot of spring pressure to overcome the spring on the quick connect fitting. I find that if I hold the outer housing in, it is easier to put the quick fitting on. Also, I've heard of the quick connect valve sticking to a point where a person had to force it open with a screwdriver or some such tool. Either way, it takes more than a gentle push to get that fitting on.
I hope that helps.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:22 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerdinger View Post
No, the water should be off, meaning the valve(s) at the outlet. Mine is a hot/cold water faucet, some are just cold. If it's not on, I would think the pressure would make it more difficult to push the fitting on.
Mine has a lot of spring pressure to overcome the spring on the quick connect fitting. I find that if I hold the outer housing in, it is easier to put the quick fitting on. Also, I've heard of the quick connect valve sticking to a point where a person had to force it open with a screwdriver or some such tool. Either way, it takes more than a gentle push to get that fitting on.
I hope that helps.
I may have to persuade that fitting with a screwdriver or some pliers!
The issue is with the female fitting on the spay port outlet, which seems to have the legs crossed, so to speak!
Old 01-04-2022, 08:23 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I may have to persuade that fitting with a screwdriver or some pliers!
The issue is with the female fitting on the spay port outlet, which seems to have the legs crossed, so to speak!

I am familiar with the fitting, the same type thing is used on air fittings. It has a ring with spring loaded stainless balls. You can see them if you look inside. Perhaps a little lubricant and a few wiggles with a small screwdriver will loosen them? Just a thought..
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:42 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Basically it’s an air fitting. It should fit (with the same effort as connecting an air fitting) irregardless if there is water pressure to the spray port or not.
There are different types of air fittings. Example type; M,N, or others etc.
Maybe double check you have the correct original fitting type as on the spray port fitting. (Just to double check). My issue was the manufacturer put a part behind the port (on the trailer side) that did nothing but block the water flow. Even before removing the problem part I was always able to connect the spray port hose fairly easily. You might also consider removing the spray port fitting to see if it could be faulty or jammed somehow. Possibly some lubricant may free help the port connection operate smoother. Just be sure to flush the valve well if you plan to ingest water from the port. (Easy thing to forget to do).
Last resort, you could just purchase a new set of (male & female) air fittings and replace either or both. Just a thought.
Hope something here helps out.
Lakelife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:09 AM   #26
New Camper

These pictures worked for me. My was located in a panel in my bathroom behind the water heater in a hard to reach area. I had to push a couple times with the flat screw driver to make it move in place. Then tested it twice before the ring would make it work in place. Thank you. Even this was an older post it worked for me in June 2022
baowen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

You’re welcome.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #28
Weekend Camper

As a follow up, I was able to "unstick" the valve from the outside without any disassembly. I stuck a small screwdriver in and with moderate pressure it released.

Tags
spray port