Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

First trip of the year and noticed the slide out was not extending or retracting evenly. At one point the slide seemed to bind to the point of stopping. So I would stop reverse action and either retract or extend. It seems the motors are not in sync anymore. I think there is a way to recalibrate the motors to sync but not sure if this is a onetime fix. Can they be recalibrated again if they become out of sync again? Anyone experience this?

2012 ST26BH - 2008 Chevy Silverado.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Mine does that if I don't keep my rails lubed. the ones the motors gears run on. I use overhead garage door lube and just spray the teeth on the rails, seems to have solved my problem. The garage door lube dosent seem to be messy, just wipe any excess with a rag.

Paul
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

To sync...run the slide in and keep the switch in the retract position for 3 extra secs, run out about a foot and retract in again and hold the switch for an additional 3 secs again .and you should be ok....

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
New Camper

I could almost write a book on this issue... There is an override button you can use to re-sync the motors to retract the SO. It is found in the owners manual. But CR has had to re-engineer the motors so there is a somewhat recall on them. Contact your dealer and see what they have to say. Ours was finally replaced after 3x back for service on the same issue.

Happy trails.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

My dealer is weak and 3 hrs away, could you please tell me more about the recall. Was it a motor recall or new switch/wiring. I will likely have to do the repair myself.

Also, my rear stabilizer jack will run itself down automatically or without warning. Meaning without remote or using switch. I thought it was a bad switch but after taking it out of the loop it still does this ghost act. So I am now thinking for some reason the relay on the mother board is getting power from somewhere and causing it to close and run the jack down. Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 04-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I couldn't find anything in owners manul about re-syncing motors.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #7
New Camper

We own a 2012 STE31BH and had numerous problems with SO not extending and retracting as required. Again after 3x to dealer, they finally told me the manufacturer of motor had difficulty with said motor and we would be replaced totally under warranty.Which has happened. But on the road when not operating we called directly to CR service dept. and the tech walked us through the below procedures.

But to over ride the motor, locatethe control boxfor motors. Ours was under the entertainment/fireplace cabinet on the right side.If you look inside with a flashlight, you will notice a small black button; that is the reset button. You will need to take a sharp point object (pen) and tap the black button 7 to 8times until the green light starts to flash. Once it flashes it will give you approx. 2-3 minutes to use the control buttons for the SO and you will be able to "override the brain of the motor" to operate the SO. Hope it helps.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info. Will try if repair guy isn't successful with it or cross roads.