Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My dealer told me to check the fuses for my inoperative rear power stabilizer jack on my 2013 ST31SS. I followed the wires from the motorThey go to the switch then attaches to two screws then goes into the enclosed underbody. Is there another spot for the fuse? Checked the fuse box, nothing labelled as such. The wires seem in bad shape (I assume from sitting in dealers lot for a year)Thanks!
Maxable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

There is a main circuit board that controls the wired & wireless operation of the front & rear stabilizer motors as well I believe any slideouts. On my ST25RB it's located under the bottom kitchen drawer. You'll need to physically remove drawer. Its usually mounted on the floor. May be in a diffeent location on your RV. Dealership service personel "should" know where it is located. Otherwise call/email Crossroads for location. There are a number of fuses on this circuit board. One fuse alone for rear stabilizers, a separatefuse for front stabs. Also has fuses for slideout in & out operation.

Hope this helps.......need to do a little searching under/inside/around compartments & drawers.

(Note: Main circuit board with fuses for your stabilizers, not to be confused with other small "Lippert control & slide synchronization" panel (small black unit that should be in an easily accessible location)

Many members have gone through a number of "failed" stabilizer motors due to either faulty switches (stuck in operate mode, thus burning out motors), or bad motors. These motors are not cheap ($200 +). I'm in the process of replacing my rear stabilizer motor for the 2nd time. Front one was replaced last year. I opted to replace myself so I wouldn't have to tow trailer back & forth to dealer. Dealer just wanted me to email pictures of motor removed from trailer as proof.

If your fuses are good, check blackcable going to your rear motor with an automotive bulb tester (pick on one end, ground clip on other end,light in handle), and with remote operate rear stabilizers & checkto seeif tester light comes on thus indicating12V coming from main control board. This will prove whether its a bad motor or not.

Good luck.Edited by: Tonemeister
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote