Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Sunset Trail 250RB Dining/Couch removal

We have been contemplating removing the dinette from our 250RB and replacing it will movable chairs and a small table. Has anyone else done this yet?

Also, we would take the couch out as well and add two nice recliners.

Thoughts/Concerns?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250rbcouchdining.jpg (59.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgie1217 View Post
We have been contemplating removing the dinette from our 250RB and replacing it will movable chairs and a small table. Has anyone else done this yet?

Also, we would take the couch out as well and add two nice recliners.

Thoughts/Concerns?

Other than to trim damage from the initial dinette install including the carpet. Should be Good. The carpet on my 32BH runs under to storage in the dinette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We are considering removing the dinette in our 250RB also. I did it in our previous camper and it worked out very well, there were only a few holes from staples in the wall which some tinted putty to care of. I now wish I took some pictures. The main concern would be is how the rear seat is secured to the wall? If you take on the project please post some pictures of the process. Thank's and good luck.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk1998 View Post
We are considering removing the dinette in our 250RB also. I did it in our previous camper and it worked out very well, there were only a few holes from staples in the wall which some tinted putty to care of. I now wish I took some pictures. The main concern would be is how the rear seat is secured to the wall? If you take on the project please post some pictures of the process. Thank's and good luck.
If I do this I will certainly take some pictures and post them. Once the weather gets a little warmer I may start poking around and see what I have to do.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgie1217 View Post
If I do this I will certainly take some pictures and post them. Once the weather gets a little warmer I may start poking around and see what I have to do.
When I did our previous camper I just started by disassembling the seat one piece at a time because I was uncertain it would work out and that there was a chance I was going to have to reassemble it, but it worked out well. Good luck.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk1998 View Post
When I did our previous camper I just started by disassembling the seat one piece at a time because I was uncertain it would work out and that there was a chance I was going to have to reassemble it, but it worked out well. Good luck.
If I do remove the dinette it will be very carefully so that it can be reinstalled if we decide to sell the camper. My wife and I have agreed the dinette is pretty much useless in the camper. This would allow us to have more freedom with a couple of lazy boys that swivel towards the TV. Also, the dinette takes a bunch of room.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I had the seat back apart when new as it would come out of the wall when slide went in . Some bonehead at the dealers stepped on the trailing edge of the carpet with slide in and pulled seat back off. Added some reinforcing screws and a piece of 3/4 " plywood to slip under the front of the slide just below the door under the seat when the slide is in.
Anyways, there is just staples holding all the thin wood on either side.And a couple screws into the slide wall. They actually don't even screw into anything. The floor is just screws and you can brush the carpet to hide the holes.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I had the seat back apart when new as it would come out of the wall when slide went in . Some bonehead at the dealers stepped on the trailing edge of the carpet with slide in and pulled seat back off. Added some reinforcing screws and a piece of 3/4 " plywood to slip under the front of the slide just below the door under the seat when the slide is in.
Anyways, there is just staples holding all the thin wood on either side.And a couple screws into the slide wall. They actually don't even screw into anything. The floor is just screws and you can brush the carpet to hide the holes.
Thanks for the update on this. Once the weather gets a bit warmer I may just go ahead and yank it out. Worse case...I can put it back in. Thanks again!
Old 01-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
Site Team

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...airs-6772.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
Gone Traveling

0105171541.jpgWe had a rotatable table mounted the the wall with loose chairs & because it was so close quarters we opted the remove the table & add more storage, so far its worked out great.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Did you take the dinette out yet thinking about doing it als
Kimbo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

No we just left it as it is. We will more than likely move into a 5th wheel before next camping season. However, if we were going to keep it long term I'd for sure modify the dinette and remove the couch.