Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Sunset Trail 262BH - Issues & Fixes

Hello All,

Just got back from Croton Point Park on the Hudson this past weekend .. Great place to visit if your looking to stay in that area BTW.

Our new 2018 262BH had some minor but annoying issues over the weekend and I figure i'd share them (and the fix) with the group.

1. ISSUE: Once we plugged into Shore Power, our Norcold Fridge had a Green and Amber light that kept flashing. Basically this means that it is not receiving any 110V power or Gas. I went out and plugged in a meter to the 110 outlet behind the fridge and sure enough, no juice.
FIX: Seems that the fridge circuit is downstream from a GFI outlet, The outlet is actually located in the Kitchen area above & adjacent to the stove (directly below the control panel). Once I reset this GFI outlet we were back in business.

2. ISSUE: Turns out we had a lagoon in the bathroom, Well Apparently the water pressure at this campground is roughly 900psi and it was enough to cause a leak out from the water pipe connecting to the toilet.
FIX: Be sure to use an inline water regulator and DOUBLE CHECK THE FITTING BEHIND THE TOILET, In my case it appeared to have been hand tightened by my 8 yr old. After hand tightening it few turns the leaking stopped.

3. ISSUE: The overhead Trim pieces that cover the ceiling seams started to separate from the mid point on the ceiling and sag down. Turns out the strips they used were too long, instead of cutting them to proper length they nailed them them from side to side and eventually finished nailing in the middle.. which in effect put them under constant tension.
FIX: I started from the middle and pulled down one side of the strip entirely. First I gently removed any brad nails that were sticking out of the ceiling with some wire cutters. I measured the trim and cut off a little excess from the end. To re-mount the trim I first used loctite powergrab on it, stuck the trim to the ceiling followed up with some brad nails. Everything lines up perfect and no more saggy trim.

4. ISSUE: Screw heads popping off like crazy. From the Door frame to the body molding on the side to the support brackets that hold on the lower body panels i've had screw heads popping like crazy. They are probably using Alum screws in an attempt for weight savings but they are more than likely over torquing the screws and starting to tear the heads.
FIX: In some cases I've used a Vice grip to clamp onto the remaining screw and back it out. In other cases you need to drill out the old screw entirely. Just head to your local Hardware store and pickup some stainless screws.

That's all I have for now, if anyone else has had any other issues please feel free to post.
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Nice report. Glad you can do it all yourself without having to deal with an rv dealer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Mark,

I'm 2 hours away from the dealer so If I can avoid going to them for such minor things I will. But I do like to share with others on some of the issues i've had and to show that it's easy enough to fix these things when they do happen.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Good for you on fixing stuff yourself. Our dealer told us to make a list and bring it in on the off season. Took 5 months as they kept getting damaged parts and then had to resubmit everything when Keystone and crossroads merged in the middle of repairs.
I'd suggest double checking pipe fittings every so often. We were getting water in the bathroom which I thought was from the shower surround detaching from the glass (finally fixed that for good with caulking tape rather than a bead of caulk) but found it was the fitting behind the toilet. It had come loose enough after three years to start leaking.
Melodique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thank You!

I try to take care of the minor repairs myself, and in some cases I've had the dealer actually send the parts to my house and I've done the repairs.
Sometimes it sucks to be a dealer, in some cases they are only allocated minutes to fix an issue where it might take a 1/2 hour or more, So when I step up to do the repair myself they jump at the opportunity and are glad to provide the part.
And after this weekends flood we definitely went around checking the rest of the fittings to ensure they are tight.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
New Camper

GFI

The Original factor GFI are not good. I had the same problem with them. I replaced the GFI and have not had a problem sense.
patrickangell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

That's not a bad idea, I think if I run into this again I might do the same.