Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 05:44 AM   #41
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry6583 View Post
We have had same slide issues with front and left slide. Front has been fixed under warranty, but now dealer is shutting down. We are taking to a dealer locally not covered by warranty to see if he can help us out. Lippert slides don't seem to work very well and glad to hear they have stopped using them in the Sunset. Doesn't help us now, but hoping we can figure out a work around in case we get stuck open. Is there a way to close the slide if stops while open?
Lip pert has a good video showing how to remove the motor and manually operate the slide. I can't seem to copy the link of the specific video you need, but this will get you close.
https://lci1.com/support-center

Click on the slide out from the menu on the left, then on the video tab.

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
TrainSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #42
New Camper

Question Schwintek Controller location 2012 Sunset Trail Reserve

Great forum! Thanks for all the videos and links for Schwintek Slide Out. We had not had any troubles with our slideout til last weekend. We have been searching for our Controller so we can try electronic override before trying manual override. I've seen some posts that it's under the TV....under the Fireplace..... Can anyone help with specifics, do we need to remove a panel or is it visible by swinging out TV or fireplace? Thank you in advance!!
knopf.mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #43
Weekend Camper

We have a 2014 with a front slide. our controller is under the bed. not a great place but we are learning.

Jerry & Robin

2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 5th Wheel 32RL
2006 Chevy 3500 Duramax Allison Diesel
Jerry6583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #44
Weekend Camper

We just got out of service today. Not under warranty by choice, but found out it was some wood shims under the rollers that were the problem from the builder. Crossroads won't cover it since wasn't approved dealer (ours went out of business). It wasn't balanced. Happy the dealer was able to fix it no matter what we had to pay. Hopefully you can figure it out without paying a fortune. Great RV, just needs some tweaking.

Jerry & Robin

Old 08-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #45
New Camper

How does the manual override work? I have a Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL and the slide motor needs to be replaced. Problem is we are on vacation with the trailer and need to open the slide.
Crp riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #46
Weekend Camper

We have a 5th wheel so we found our override box under the bed on the front slide. Is yours a trailer or 5th? Either way you have to find the override box and then follow the instructions on YouTube. See the link in a prior post. So sorry--good luck today.

Jerry & Robin

Old 08-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #47
New Camper

Slide stuck

Thanks Jerry. I found the contoller under the access panel on the left side of the bed. Need to get the slide out to use the trailer and to replace the motor. Dumbest thing ever! Retaining screw on the outside holds the motor in but can't get to it cause the slide won't move out! Can't get to the motor when the slide is stuck out so you're screwed either way! No pun intended but do we just push the slide out on the side with the busted motor?
Old 08-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #48
Weekend Camper

Wow, I don't know at this point because ours just needed a manual reset. Our motor wasn't out. I wish I could help at this point, but don't want to cause more damage. Did the videos help at all online?

Jerry & Robin

Old 08-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #49
Weekend Camper

There are several YouTube videos about Schwintek systems by Lippert. Several discuss manual operation. Please check them out, they may help.

Jerry & Robin

Old 08-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #50
Weekend Camper

Another contact for help:
[PDF]SCHWINTEK IN-WALL™ SLIDEOUT TROUBLESHOOTING
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...al-override.pd...
Contact us: Lippert Components Inc. - Customer Service - Phone: ( 574) 537-8900 - Email: warranty@lci1.com. 0260. LIP Sheet - 0260. SLIDEOUTS.

Jerry & Robin

Old 08-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #51
Site Team

Check our document section for Schwintek help and manual use of it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:51 PM   #52
Weekend Camper

I had my slide not work on one side i was able to push out the side were motor was not working by pushing hard on slide { by myself }. Got it opened to about 12 inchs to get the screw out and remove the motor. found out it was a broken wire. my brother and i soldered it back on all better. will keep a extra motor with me . Not afraid of these slides !! had just bought one of them telescoping ladders before i left on trip glade for that.. will need one to get to screw on out side. mine is schwintek slide..
aupainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #53
New Camper

Solved

Talked to Crossroads Tech Support today. Have to remove the motor to operate the slide manually. There are two options: pry the motor up from the inside to sheer the retaining screw; or drill holes in the side of the camper to find the screw. We took the first option and got the motor out so we could push the slide out. Waiting for a replacement motor which the tech said will be easy to install. Seems like a bad design to me. There must be a better way. Thanks for the tips. The videos were helpful but did not cover this case because it exposes a bad design.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #54
Weekend Camper

Talked with them also today ..sounds like I was lucky to get it to move hope all goes well .
aupainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #55
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Donjamin
Quote:
..sounds like I was lucky to get it to move hope all goes well .
Here is our story...
We just got back from a week camping in the Sequoias. When we pulled into our campsite I noticed that one set of wheels was sitting about 4 inches lower than the other side. I repositioned the trailer on a set of 2X8X6' boards and found that I was spot on level. The front slide worked fine and the kitchen side worked fine and fully extended. When I tried to extend the main slide, the front facing side only moved about 4 inches and then stopped. The rear facing motor kept going, skewing the slide. I retracted the slide, aligned the slide to the outer wall and tried it again. Same thing happened again, the slide would not extend. In short, we spent the week with the slide retracted into the trailer. Not the best situation, but livable.

About 3 months ago we and the main slide worked on. We experienced a situation where the rear wall of the slide dug into the floor linoleum when it retracted. We took the trailer in for warranty repair and found that the slide was not built square (no surprise there) and the rollers were not correctly adjusted. The rear facing wall of the slide was adjusted up about ½ inch. That solved the problem. Now, it appears that either the slide has dropped and is binding up or there is a problem with front wall motor. I have a call into my RV service dealer to schedule an appointment to find out what is going on.
2013 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th Wheel (no longer own)
Donjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #56
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Had an issue first trip this year as slide was going out crooked. Did the bypass at the controller then slide all the way out and all the way in to program the stops and no problem since.
Does anyone have an idea where the Lippert In Wall Slide-Out Controller modules are located on a 2013 32RL 5th Wheel? Having checked out the Lippert website, it sounds like my main slide controller is out of synch and needs to be reset. I'm assuming that each of my three slides has a separate dual motor synch controller. Since my main slide is not tracking correctly, I'd need to locate the main slide control module to do the reset. I appreciate anyone's response.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #57
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjamin View Post
Does anyone have an idea where the Lippert In Wall Slide-Out Controller modules are located on a 2013 32RL 5th Wheel? Having checked out the Lippert website, it sounds like my main slide controller is out of synch and needs to be reset. I'm assuming that each of my three slides has a separate dual motor synch controller. Since my main slide is not tracking correctly, I'd need to locate the main slide control module to do the reset. I appreciate anyone's response.
On our 2014 SF32RL the kitchen/curb & dinning/street-driver slide lippert schwintek controls are in bottom of pantry cabinet behind a blind panel.
Have NOT yet found front slide's controller. Been told it is under the bed; no. Then told would be on ceiling of basement storage; no. Frt slide controller is still hiding . . .
Old 08-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #58
Family Vacation Member

I located the main slide and kitchen controller on my 32RL Fifth Wheel. They were both located behind a false panel cover inside the right side pantry adjacent to the frige.

The main slide controller was the bottom unit. It was difficult to see the LED lights and reset button at the angle the controller was installed. I removed the two screws holding the unit and then reset the controller per the Lippert instructions. "Bush the button 6 times and on the 7th push hold the button down. The red and green LED's flash.

I cycled the main slide and it still hung up with front facing motor shutting off before the slide extended. Grrrrr... I called my service dealer and scheduled an appointment to have the system looked at.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #59
Full Time Camper

have you tried retiming the slide? move slide in direction until it sticks. move opposite way a few inches. then move in direction it sticks again. repeat 3 times and slide should retime itself. to avoid a timing issue in the future, do not stop slide in mid travel and continue to hold the extend or retract switch 3 seconds after slide stops moving. this will keep the motors in synch.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #60
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
have you tried retiming the slide? move slide in direction until it sticks. move opposite way a few inches. then move in direction it sticks again. repeat 3 times and slide should retime itself.
Tried that. Slide is still stuck and will not move more than a few inches and then stops. I have an service appointment scheduled for Sept 9 to have it looked at by my RV service shop.

Thanks for the response.