Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
New Camper

The black brush sweep on our screen door

I think we need to make changes the black brush sweep on the bottom of our screen door. We had a chipmunk sneak his way through and made his way into our trailer, we had been feeding him and I guess he was looking for more treats...as soon as we startled him he made a run for it and back out he went but you could see where the brush had separated where he made his exit. I'm worried that mice might be able to find their way in. It might be a good idea to add some weather stripping or replace it with a rubber sweep.
KimNels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Your first mistake: feeding him.
I'm sure you can find a different sweep at Lowes or Home Depot. One that has a solid rubber sweep.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
New Camper

Haha....Yes, I know but they come up and eat out of my hand and will sit on my lap and wait for a snack. I didn't expect him to find his way into our trailer. This just happened a few days ago so I haven't had a chance to look for a better sweep. My fear is the mice getting in and making themselves at home.....I definitely don't feed the mice
KimNels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Year ago while in college, I was sitting at a picnic table eating some M&M's and a damn squirrel ran right up my leg, lap, and across my chest. I wasn't feeding it but obvious that it was used to being fed. I about pooped M&M's.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote