Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
New Camper

We recently bought the ST25Rb and are quite happy with it overall. I just have 1 question...does anyone know if the TV antenna can be rotated. I don't think so and our dealer was not sure. If ti can be rotated then does anyone know how. If it cannot be rotated, can it be enhanced. It came with a booster but it does not seem to pull in many stations and they cut in a out quite a lot.

Just wondering.....
tobyedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
New Camper

We have an '07 ST27RB and our antenna has a crank to raise/lower. Not sure what yours looks like but at the base of the crank (ceiling) there is a round dial with a pointer facing the rear of the trailer. If you pull down on that dial, you should be able to rotate it 180 degrees and release it when the signal clears up.
billbond360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

You probably have the Jensen omnidirectional antenna. It can't be rotated and a lot of people are complaining about the poor reception as compared to the Winegard crankup antenna.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

If you're camping in the middle of a cow pasture or open field, you won't have a problem picking up a signal. But unfortunately, camping in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin, or any of the other beautiful locations surrounded by trees, hills or mountainsin the USA or Canada, the digital antenna is really crappy.(no other word to describe it). Fotunately, we campers really don't need a TV...do we?

Gary & Judy

Special Olympian Nic,

and Cody,the Chocolate Wonderdog

ST30RE
Chz hed campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for the reply. I looked at theJack OA8201 Antenna. Installation requires a hole in the ceiling. Since I have the Jensen Antenna I do not have a hole. I read a lot about the Jack and it seems to have a good rating. Since I am new to campers, I guess I should have it professionally installed ifI decide to purchase it.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
New Camper

I have since learned that ours does not rotate. It is also lower than the air conditioner and possibly blocked from one direction due to the ac. I posted to another reply that I was going to maybe go witht hte JacK Antenna. I'll let people know how well it works if we go with it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Please definately report back if you go with the Jack Antenna. I've felt like we weren't getting good reception as I remember with our crank up antenna on our previous trailer, more channels came in. This last trip we camped next to some friends who have a crank-up digital antenna like we used to and they definately had more channels coming in than we did. Because the Jack Antenna requires a hole to be put into the ceiling (different than the existing antenna as there is not a hole down into the camper), would it possibly void the warranty on the roof from CrossRoads?
Utahgoldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I finally noticed the booster on my 25rb today (2 week into the new unit) and with it turned on , I'm getting alot of stations ,in imy driveway. Dealer never even mentioned where the booster was located...(right above the swivel TV)

so far it's ok.
harley is offline   Reply With Quote