Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
New Camper

Tv outside mount

Tv outside mount

i Can,t seem to find any flat panel Tvs that will mount on the exterior mounting bracket , the holes on the bracket wont line up to hang it on the wall of the camper. i assume the interior will line up ,but didnt want to unhook that Tv !!

Thanks Pat Butler
2016 Sunset trail 270 BH
Pat3612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I bought a bracket off ebay that goes on tv to attach to rv bracket
Southaven Ms.
gsbuick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I received a plastic bracket with my RV purchase information pack that will fit to a tv and mount on outside mount. I haven't used it though so can't comment on its functionality. Looks like it should work.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

use ours all the time....ebay has the brackets, I just put the same female half in the trailer so I can move the front tv to the outside in 2 minutes
swannymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I recall using the bracket that came with the camper. However I took it apart at the rivets because it wouldn't line up with my TV. After separating the 2 parts, the section that slides into the brace outside, fit perfectly.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:54 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

30 RK, same problem

I have a 2016 30 RK. Numerous quality issues including the outside TV.

When I ordered trailer the dealer said I could not purchase the prep package without buying the 2nd TV, not available separately. I bought it. On our 1st trip I found out that the bracket that bolts to the TV was not in the box. Dealer tried to tell me that the required male bracket is not part of the wiring, prep package. When responded that I had to pay $700 for a TV and a wiring package, along with the outside bracket and I expect to be able to hang the provided TV on the provided bracket.

Turns out that the male bracket didn't fit the bolt pattern on the TV so dealer didn't include it. He has been looking for the correct one for about 4 weeks.

Really disappointed in Crossroads and the way they cut corners trying to save a buck.
JWKohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Have a pic of it? Mine did not match my tv mount holes either. So i took it apart at the rivets and used the wall mount half. Matched the holes perfectly.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

No, I don't have a picture. The 2nd TV was still in the box and stored under the bed in master bedroom. There was not a bracket any where. There was the female bracket mounted on the outside of the trailer, but no matching male part. The primary TV is mounted in the entertainment center on a swing out bracket. Spoke with the dealer yesterday (11/13) and he still can't find a bracket.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:37 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I had extra brackets in the tv documentation under the tv in the cabinet.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

IMG_0342.jpg

Here is the V mount-mine was in the trailer-under the bed if I remember correctly. If you don't have it I wouldn't wait for the dealer who "Can't find it" (sheesh!) and instead contact Christian M on this site or order one on E-Bay-they are readily available.

I attached mine to a universal adapter plate, again available online for less than 20 bucks. I inserted some spacers to extend it a bit so that the TV wouldn't interfere with the power cord underneath.

I've learned a lot in my first year of trailer ownership. One is to just deal with this kind of stuff. Waiting for the dealer is agony. Place the orders online and your TV could have been up in less than a week.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish58 View Post
Attachment 1588

Here is the V mount-mine was in the trailer-under the bed if I remember correctly. If you don't have it I wouldn't wait for the dealer who "Can't find it" (sheesh!) and instead contact Christian M on this site or order one on E-Bay-they are readily available.

I attached mine to a universal adapter plate, again available online for less than 20 bucks. I inserted some spacers to extend it a bit so that the TV wouldn't interfere with the power cord underneath.

I've learned a lot in my first year of trailer ownership. One is to just deal with this kind of stuff. Waiting for the dealer is agony. Place the orders online and your TV could have been up in less than a week.

All good points!
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

OP should not have to order part him/herself. Tv was ordered with trailer and all mating parts should have been supplied. Dealer should have installed it for him or at least made sure it could be installed correctly.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

You guys might be installing TV's that are too big. I was told no bigger than a 26" TV. My family bought me a VIZIO 26" LED from Costco that works great. The bracket fir with no issues.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

I know it can be done.
My issue is I paid $544 for something that doesn't work. Why should I let them off the hook? It's a brand new trailer. Apparently others have the exact same problem.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Absolutely, I agree with what SHOULD occur Harley and JW. I just found the whole run the trailer to the dealer, wait for approval from Crossroads, wait for the part shipment, wait for the install, pick up the trailer,... ridiculous. Hell, the cost of gas hauling it back and forth to the dealer would be cheaper than the cost of the bracket.

I had an awning issue in my 2nd month-brought it to the dealer, waited 10 days for the part. The part was wrong-dealer claimed Crossroads sent the wrong part. waited another 10 days. Got my trailer back after a month during the best camping weather of the season.

None of this should happen, but it is common in the wacky world of RV dealers and manufacturers.

I decided then that I would not do that again. the $30 parts for a TV bracket is not worth the dealer hassle, and my time and expense.

Bert, I saw a weight rating somewhere on the outside mount and should be OK with my 32 inch TV.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Absolutely, I agree with what SHOULD occur Harley and JW. I just found the whole run the trailer to the dealer, wait for approval from Crossroads, wait for the part shipment, wait for the install, pick up the trailer,... ridiculous. Hell, the cost of gas hauling it back and forth to the dealer would be cheaper than the cost of the bracket.

I had an awning issue in my 2nd month-brought it to the dealer, waited 10 days for the part. The part was wrong-dealer claimed Crossroads sent the wrong part. waited another 10 days. Got my trailer back after a month during the best camping weather of the season.

None of this should happen, but it is common in the wacky world of RV dealers and manufacturers.

I decided then that I would not do that again. the $30 parts for a TV bracket is not worth the dealer hassle, and my time and expense.

Bert, I saw a weight rating somewhere on the outside mount and should be OK with my 32 inch TV.
The LED TV's are nice because they are light.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Quote:

Still , if you buy it yourself , contact someone a CR and have them re imburse you and put in a formal complaint to them stating that you should not have to do this yourself as it was already paid for. They have to be accountable.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote