Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone have or used the Andersen Hitch? Have seen comments on Hensley & Propride but no Andersens on this forum. The other forums have good reports(few) & only negatives are by owners whohave not used but dont think theywill work. It is a relatively new hitch(2 yrs or so) & most dont change unless current hitch is very old, like mine, 14 yrs or they to fro tt to 5er.

Any comments positive or negative. Very light, seems like a good system, quiet and less expensive thanthe others. Safety is #1 concern.

loogie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

The airstream forum has a LONG thread on the anderson, many have used it , most have negative comments. It tears up the trailer couplings because of the undo pressure on the coupler pawl, the chains wear thru the guides, the friction coating on the ball wears off, etc etc etc.

The hensley has years of proven results. The pro pride has good proven results.

Bottom line the $500 dollar anderson can't be expected to do what a $2500 hitch does.

Paul

Edited by: Pnr

Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Pnr thankyou for your reply. Appreciate your comments & I went back and reread the comments on the Airstream forum this am & the comments on the Woodalls forum.

Few observations from both forums: After 4 pages of the Airstream forum it was about 50/50 positve vs negative with almost as many skeptical but willing to consider the Andersen with thier next trailer. Side note, as best I colud tell none of the negative comments had everhad any experience with the Andersen & only one of the Andersen postiverespondents had had various other hitches.

As to the Woodalls respondents the count was almost 2 to 1 in favor of the Andersen with one having used a Andersen bu switched to a Blue Oxwhich broke b4 he got rolling on its 1st trip. He has gone back to his Andersen.

Im not being aargumentative but I did request info fromowners or previous owners & didntsee where you hadowned a Andersen. However since you have been the only respondent so far I did want to again reviewyour sources to make sure I hadnt overlooked anything.

I havent ever been negative about the Hensley or Pro Pride other than the high cost. p

Thank you again
Old 08-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

I think you need to start at the last page on the airstream forum and read backwards.

I don't care what you buy, but a $500 dollar hitch with no track record is no match for the PP or the HA.

Sorry didnt notice you only wanted anderson owners to respond, I just pointed you to some info.

You outta run out and get one, give us a review.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Pnr, again I have done as you suggested & read almost 90% of the AS forum & it is evidentthat the majority of thedetractors of the Andersen have had no experience with them. There are some who have a few valid points but not enough to disqualify it Yet.

Also it is apparent that your feeling is if it costs more it is better, hope you check out your expensive purchases because that is not always the case. I have heard that your henley & propride are good but that doesnt necessarily justify the price.

again thank you for your "opinion" but Im looking for actual experience not just what has been stated by someone else that has had no experience either.

If I do decide on an Andersen over my antiquated "spring bar" & anyone would like my experience & opinion of them I will give them "actual" experience.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Since money is your deciding factor, just use your receiver hitch with a ball , that would be cheeeeeper.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Prn, again thanks for your opinion, Have a Nice Day.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Loogie, you're welcome.