Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Windows Fogging

Does anyone else have this issue? I thought it was normal for the windows to fog up from time to time but was recently told by someone else that this should never happen....
Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Are they fogging up with or without the AC is on? Does the fog ever go away?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

If your using your propane heat I'd say yes, but if using your AC, no.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Have yet to use the AC as where we are there is only 15amp service. It does go away if we open a window but the fog turns into condensation requiring us to wipe the sills.

Again, I thought this was fairly normal however a guy at the campground said this should never happen period. I kinds felt like he was a wingnut but thought I'd ask just incase.....you never know
Old 06-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
Have yet to use the AC as where we are there is only 15amp service. It does go away if we open a window but the fog turns into condensation requiring us to wipe the sills.

Again, I thought this was fairly normal however a guy at the campground said this should never happen period. I kinds felt like he was a wingnut but thought I'd ask just incase.....you never know
Burning propane produces water as part of the combustion process. So does breathing in a confined space with no ventilation. Just need to add some ventilation. The windows on most all TT are single pane with no real insulation properties. AC does the opposite and pulls humidity out of the air.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 06-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

The fog/moisture on the inside is pretty common. Especially true if it is humid. I usually see it in the morning after everyone has been sleeping. You can combat this by leaving a window/vent open slightly or raising a window shade a bit to let air circulate.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Yes, its fairly common in campers, like others are saying...I wonder if that guy at the campgrounds ever owned a camper...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
Site Team

Try opening the overhead vent in the bathroom a little bit, and open a window a little on each end of your trailer. Leave them open. This what we do when camping in the fall with colder weather.
Actually, running the furnace helps with the moisture. The fan is moving air. It exhausts outside so there isn't an issue with moisture being produced in the camper by running it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Actually, running the furnace helps with the moisture. The fan is moving air. It exhausts outside so there isn't an issue with moisture being produced in the camper by running it.
My post was probably misleading. I had two trains of thought at the same time. I didn't mean to imply that your propane heater exhausted into the TT. But closed up with the heat on and sleeping thru the night you will wake up to condensation unless you ventilate. Otherwise, wipe it off, open the door and you have clean windows!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4