Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Insurance Not Renewed

Just been advised by Progressive that our Hampton is not an accepted body style and our insurance will not be renewed even though been insuring it with them since 2011. Agent says they should not have been renewing it over the years but now system will not allow the renewal. When I questioned they said because it is destination trailer can't insure as rv, if fifth wheel then no problem. Anyone encounter this, if so what did you do. Appreciate comments.

Thanks
skram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Oh! That sounds bad, but I think you didn't read the coverage policy thorough that either they will offer coverage in the case of this kind of modifications or not. To avoid such problems, I always read the policy correctly and usually prefer to go with fleet insurance plans. These days, I am comparing fleet insurance quotes from sites like this ( https://www.comparefleetinsurance.co.uk/ ) for my jeep and RV but yes, I am not going to OK any policy blindly.

For now, I think you will have to rely on the instructions of the insurer or have a choice to get that specific insurance as well.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the reply, had no trouble getting insurance from another insurer. There were no mods, this rv is as it came from factory and furthermore they had insured for many years with no issue. Not impressed with their lack of notice on this change in policy.
skram is offline   Reply With Quote