Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Just wanted to keep this posting alive. Many PP oweners still left out here and I like to know I'm not the only one who has not traded theirs in yet. Looking forward to another great year of camping with ours. Hope we have much better luck this year than last with it. I have to replace a slide switch before we start this year. Hope this is the only problem with it.

Make it a great 2011.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I like my unit and except for some small things well the decals but I have read industry wide problems. I plan on keeping mine for at least 5 more years. My feelings is that the news high end units are nothing more than a PP with a new name. We enjoy taken it out to the beach and the long summer trips we have taken in the past three years and our trip to Washington DC this year. Yep I still like it and if the price of fuel will plot our adventures.

Have a great new year camping and hope to meet CR owners along the way

Old 01-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Have had ours 5-1/2 yrs and still enjoy it.Just finished replacing the dark red decals and recaulking the exterior joints. Overall it has been a good unit for us (knock on wood) and like anything else, as long as you keep up the regular maintenance, it should hold up for at least 5 more. Have upgraded the glass in the upper cabinets, install solid surface tops and undermount sink with residential faucet, glide ride hitch and will probably upgrade flooring this year. We have not regretted the overall experience, just some nit-picking items that were found when we first purchased (things that should have never gotten off the assembly line). Put 4 new Maxxis tires and trail air equaflex on last year also.

Ditto on the great year ahead.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:57 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

We have had really good luck with our PP, we also have had some decal problems as most others have had, I didn't do as many mods as most of you, we changed to electric awning, and I had window awnings made to match the big awning, then we added the eliminator stabilizers to stop any movement and I added the 2nd 15K a/c in the bedroom, I had it ducted into the ceiling, the rest is all original and we really never had any problems, other than the small stuff, my unit has not moved in the last 16 months, it sits on my drive, hopefully as soon as the weather breaks we will sell and move into something alittle more plush...

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Still here and still happy with the paradise point. Don't get to use it as much as we would like but when we do it's good to know we have all the comforts of home in a reliable trailer.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Just purchased our 2006 PP 30RL in October 2010. We've used it once and plan to go in March for a month. It's a well-built unit and more plush than most of the 5th wheels I looked at at this price range. We think we got a very good deal...about l/2 the price of when it was new. The only issue we had was the furnace didn't seem to come on and off properly. When it was on it was warm....but would not come on when we put the thermostat higher...maybe it's a thermostat problem. Other than that...lots of room and storage and cabinets are pretty, etc.

2006 Paradise Pointe 30RL
Melstar is offline   Reply With Quote