Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We were at the factory Rally and stayeduntil Tuesday. We had an appointment with Randy again. When we got there he had 3 guys going over the entire electrical system and they found nothing wrong and we still don't know why the power converters keep failing. When we finally left we were 50 miles from the factory and a Mission tire self destructed. I'm guessing we had between 15 to 20,000 miles on the tires. I never felt or heardthe tire blowso I had no idea I had a problem. Luckily, a truck with 2 guys pulled up and signaled us to pull over. They came over and told us about the tire. It was on the passenger side and I could not see the tires on that side. While I was waiting for a guy to come out and change the tire I called Randy and told him I was coming back and explained the damage to him. The tire was totally shredded but the rim never touched the ground so it was not damaged. The fender was destroyed and the metal skirting behind the tire was also ruined. When I got to the factory Randy had everything I needed to fix it. One guy took the rim and a new tire and went to haveit mounted and 2 guys jumped on the repairs. I was repaired and on the road in 30 min. I know if I had taken it to a RV dealer they would have milked the hell out of the job. I was so happy with everything that they did for me that they had a Pizza Lunch on me.

Tom & Gloria Seiler

2008 Paradise Pointe 34 RL
Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Tom, I have heard this story before. They are the best are they not ??? Over and over again we hear about things just like this.

Welcome to the CrossRoads Family where they do things right. Are they perfect no I doubt that they are but I have seen them step up more times than not.

What did you think of the Rally ?
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had to replace the Mission tires on ourPP before they had 5k miles on them. We were very lucky that the tread started to seperate on 2 of them right as we got back from a trip. We weren't so lucky in that we had to put a $750 set of tires on a trailer we had owned 6 months.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Keith, What tires did you put on your trailer ? Any issues since ?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

BFG Commercial LT. No issues and I don't drive white knuckled staring at the mirrors waiting for a tire to blow like I did with the Missions.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Are these 15" ? I need to go see what are on our trailer. I have pulled ours at 90 + MPH for hours with no issues. That being said I see a little cracking starting between the tread now and try to stay at or under the posted speed limit and watch the corners. I figure I go the rest of the year ,,, But next year it's going to be time to figure it out. I know you do your homework and might just do what you did lol
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Ours are 16" and the BFG Commercial does not come in anything less than 16". As far as pulling a 5th wheel at 90+ mph,no comment on that one.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
Site Team

They post the safe speed limit on the tire sidewall for the same reason they post the recommended inflation. SAFETY!!!!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Just got back from Colorado a little while ago. While unhooking at the storage yard I found that both tires on the drivers side were cracked all around the tire about 1/4 inch from the rim passenger side seems ok. The crqcks were not there this morning I check all tires before I leave anywhere. I think I may check to see if Cooper has gotten into the trailer tire business

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
New Camper

I had the exact same issue. Tire exploded onteh passenger side. I replaced it myself rather than attempt a warranty replacement.
rphil51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

I took my trailer to a gas station to have the tires balanced. 3 Of the tires balanced just fine. The 4Th tire had bad cupping and I think the belts are damaged. I put the spare tire on and that balancd OK. On my trip back from Texas I was pulling into a parking lot and thought I was just driving through a small puddle. It was not just a puddle but a deep hole. The hole I hit was so deep that it crushed my steps. Since both of the tires that were bad were on the side the went into the hold I think I damaged both tires. Not wanting to have a problem with my tires I purchased a tire monitering system. An alarm will sound when there is a pressure change. I sure hope that this will help out as it is not cheap. We are going to the Escapee Rally in Goshen so I will be back to see Randy. A gater ( a chunk of truck tire) damaged the skirt on the slide.

We had an exelent time at the Factory Rally. Some great people attend that event
Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
New Camper

I too had problems with Mission tires. On my way to Gettysburg (Battlefield) a tire blew, lucky for us we were with another couple who pulled along side to tell us. Had the tire R&R and continued our trip. When we got home we brought our RV to the dealer for insurance claim work. They looked at another tire and found somecupping onit and some belts were damaged(Not sure of the other tires yet). I have approximately 3K on them. That is outrageous! These tires are crap! I hope to hell Crossroads RV purchasers aren't hurt or worse die becauseofthese FAULTY TIRES!
bgf3582 is offline   Reply With Quote