Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
New Camper

I have owned a Paradise Point for 2 yrs and I have problems all through my fifth wheel.

I am talking about a camper 4 1/2 years old is falling a part.

1. The owner before me had to replace the air conditioner just after two years of purcahsing the camper.

2 The dome over the shoer leaks when it rains.

3. The vent in the sealing of bathroom leaks when it rains.

4. The slide in the master bedroom leaks around the weather stripping outsidewhen it rains. The moisture from the leak hasruined the wooden trim around the slide.

5. The decales on the outside are cracking and faded coming off camper.

6. The rear levelers electric motor stopped working.

I called about getting the decales replaced and Crossroads wanted me to purchase. I did not.

I will never purchase another Crossroads Camper/RV.
simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Talked to Randy at CR. Most of those items will probably not be covered under a warranty anymore, but he will take care of you, he will do the best he can do make you a happy camper again!

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

It is not going to happen on your 07. You will be wasting a call. And your list is nothing compared to the list of repairs I have running on our PP. Seems like there was a run of PP units in the 07 time frame that had a lot of issues. You are not alone.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I am sorry you are having almost the same problems I have had. I had to replace my A/C but it was my fault as it stopped cooling and I allowed a repair place to put in a valve. The AC is warranted for three years. All the leaking from the roof I guess would be sealant around the vents, cap, and sides I check them every year and pile on more sealant. The bedroom slide on my unit leaked also but found the where it was coming from and sealed it too. Yes my decals are cracking and look like crap but I will live with it. The rear jacks check for power to the motor.

I am sure with a little maintenance it will be nice and water tight before you know it
Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I wasn't implying that randy would cover it under warranty, I meant that he would make sure that you left satisfied with the quailty of repairs-- instead of getting the run around at a repair center.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Your frist post and you are complaining about work you should be doing every year. A couple times each year maybe when you clean the outside you check all sealent and seams and fix. I wasn't going to write on this post because I had nothing good to say. You started out just like a troll.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Our a/c was replaced last year before the Cruiser was two years old. The work was covered by both Dometic and CR at no cost to me.

Sealing the ceiling vents as well as other areas where rain can intrude is up to the owner and must constantly be checked and rechecked. Imagine if your stick house went bouncing down the road and all the upkeep it would require. It is my experience that RVs are in constant need of some type of preventative maintenance. Just about all of us here know this and work to "get 'er done".

Edited by: artgpo

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

My '04 Paradise Pointe was 2 years old when we purchased it. So far I've had an issue with one of the axles causing bad tread wear, I purchased radial tires to get rid of the nylon tires to solve that. My shower dome leaked so I removed the inside peice to dry everything out then resealed the outside peiceto solve that. I had a leak around the antenna but that was my fault for building up the sealant to high. My bedroom slide is in need of adjustment but it still functions and doesn't leak. Guess I was lucky when I found mine. Oh wait, maybe it's because I wash it everytime it gets rained on, wax it once a year, inspect the sealant while washing it and keep it inside when it's not in use. Some problems are preventable.

***Knocking on wood***
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Most of the Paradise Pointe units that seem to have had all the issues are in the 06 to 07 time frame. And yes I do agree 100% that leaks caused by lack of routine maintenace is the fault of the owner. I am probably one of the most anal people around as far as maintanence goes but our trailer is at a covered storage lot and I rented a double space just so we could park it in the middle so there was no way any sunlight or weather could hit any part of the trailer. Our decals faded and our awning has rotted out dispite being treated with 303 Protectant and being covered. The other multible issues we have had are just frustrating and never seem to stop. Our trailer goes back to the dealer on 1/21 to repair what went wrong on our last trip.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

My thoughts have always been that when the "BIG" corporations buy out the mom and pop shops, the quality slowly disappears in place of quantity. Why do I say this?A couple we camp with has a late 90's 32 all american. Built by CrossRoads this rig is solid and shows quality all the way thru. When you are inside this thing you do not hear noises outside. The ceiling is covered in a fabric that knocks down sound so it's quiet on the inside. The carpet is not matted. It has REAL wood for trim. Could it be the quality disappeared sometime in '04 to be replaced with quantity?
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

I have an 06 PP and it is probably used alot less than most, it has been towed less than 3K miles since it was new, in April it goes back to the plant to have the dark red decals replaced and the drain tube on the fridge replaced I have really not had any major problems with mine just small stuff that was taken care of at the factory, I did seal the roof with etrnabond and I have never had a leak, I did replace all the furniture because the factory stuff was really bad, the PP was really nothing more than a fat cruiser, same cabinets, same furniture and carpet, the PP was bigger with a bigger frame but other than that I'm sure for crossroads it was a bigger profit number than the entry level cruiser line...I think for the money they weren't a bad unit, hopefully ours will be sold this year, but for us who bought them thinking we were getting an upline unit we were wrong....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons
I have owned a Paradise Point for 2 yrs and I have problems all through my fifth wheel.

I am talking about a camper 4 1/2 years old is falling a part.

1. The owner before me had to replace the air conditioner just after two years of purcahsing the camper.

2 The dome over the shoer leaks when it rains.

3. The vent in the sealing of bathroom leaks when it rains.

4. The slide in the master bedroom leaks around the weather stripping outsidewhen it rains. The moisture from the leak hasruined the wooden trim around the slide.

5. The decales on the outside are cracking and faded coming off camper.

6. The rear levelers electric motor stopped working.

I called about getting the decales replaced and Crossroads wanted me to purchase. I did not.

I will never purchase another Crossroads Camper/RV.
I think you should buy another CR product. You have owned the camper for 2 years and haven't had a problem until now. That's outstanding service for something you haven't preformed any routine maintenance on for the time you have owned it and it's unknown what the previous owner has done. You shouldn't be complaining you should be thanking the man upstairs for the outstanding years you have had.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

I have an 08 PP. and I have also had a lot of problems with the unit. First it was an Axel failure. Lippert replaced that. I am on Power Converter number 9. The factory has bent over backwards working with me. My latest problem was the frame actually falling apart. A hunk of the I beam actually fell off and my hanger brackets started pulling loose. I looked at my right side mirror and saw both tires. When I looked at the left mirror all I saw was the corner of the trailer. I stopped at a rest area and my 2 left side tires were almost touching. There was an exit about a mile away and I found a truck repair place. They said my problem was more than they could fix I want to a camp ground about a mile away and called 3 welding shops. The first 2 blew me off but the 3RD guy said if you can get it here he will fix it. I finished the trip I was on and when I went to the Factory Rally I made an appointment with Randy. He had a guy from Lippert come by. I had to take the trailer to Lippert for repair and they beefed up the frame. The bad news was that the other side was doing the same thing. All told the repair of the frame was almost $1000.00. They told me the frame needed more support to stop it from twisting. When they made the PP a full profile trailer they did not beef up the frame to compensate for the added weight. My trailer does get a lot of use. I would like to get rid of my PP but I do like the service that Randy and CrossRoads have provided me. I would think about another CR unit.

pointer1 is offline   Reply With Quote