Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2022, 10:37 PM   #1
New Camper

2006 34MK CrossTerrain slider not working

First time on this forum. Our 2006 34MK Cross Terrain sofa slide is not working. Where in Puget Sound Washington area can we buy slide mechanism and/or parts for this model? Thank you.
edmmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:58 AM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Do you know what brand of slide mechanism you have? If it is Lippert you can order parts directly from them but they are a little pricey. They also have parts break downs so if you find the part number you can do a search for it.

There is a mobile RV repair guy in Washington -- My RV Works, Inc. is a mobile RV repair service located in Port Angeles but there service area covers the majority of the Kitsap & Olympic Peninsulas in Washington state.

I know nothing other than watching his YouTube channel and he seams to know his stuff.

Just curious what is wrong with your slide? What is it doing/not doing? Someone here may be able to help.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:58 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

We will need to determine what type of slideout you have, there are several possibilities.
Do you have cables running along the side of the slide? Do you have toothed racks? Any drive mechanisms you can see?
What do you mean by 'not working'? Does it make noise? Please give us as much detail as you can.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:44 PM   #4
New Camper

Hello thanks for the reply, what i have is when i hit the button to move out only one motor
works. Which in turn only pushes out on one side, i would then have another person push
in to put back where it came from. Also, when it happened i know it blew a 30-amp fuse, replaced the day it happened. But it still did not work.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #5
Site Team

After some research it appears you have a Thru Frame Rack And Pinion slide system. If this is correct there is only one motor and actuator attached to one side then there is a cross shaft that connects the two racks together. If one side is moving first check the cross shaft where it attaches to the gear packs to see if the bolt is sheared also check the gear pack for missing teeth. Here are a few links that may help ; https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...h_actuator.pdf

And;https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001614.pdf

Also;https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fixsofaslide