Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #41
Full Time Camper

You are all welcome to come to our redwood rally
Old 04-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcpl View Post
Hmmm... ya think? Kind of a turn off for us when they rushed in an took over and then decided to charge almost $100.00 more then previous years for basically the same thing as in the past and we had to make our own camping arrangement's. I can understand having to pay for a camping site but having to pay for stuff that the company should be covering since they wanted to take over a so called "Factory Rally" doesn't seem right.
I think the difference is that Rick and Patty did not charge for their services; they organized this on a volunteer basis. I don't think the same applies to the new organizers. Correct me if I am wrong.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Old 04-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #43
Full Time Camper

st.rodder2
Go to the rally thread and click on "2016 family camping rally". This rally is being held by the Wagon Master that use to organize the Factory rally Rick (ricktlm3). From talking to him yesterday, he was telling me he was trying to get CR to agree to a factory tour...I don't think that is finalized yet, but at least you can keep some of you Indiana plans in tact...

Loneoak
I just talked to Rick yesterday and he is still not happy that CR didn't even consider him and Patty when they took over the rally...And yes I think you are correct he and Patty did not charge for their services...

Woodwalker
The way things are going at CR give it a couple of weeks and Redwood may cancel their rally also...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
Old 04-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
st.rodder2
Go to the rally thread and click on "2016 family camping rally". This rally is being held by the Wagon Master that use to organize the Factory rally Rick (ricktlm3). From talking to him yesterday, he was telling me he was trying to get CR to agree to a factory tour...I don't think that is finalized yet, but at least you can keep some of you Indiana plans in tact...

Loneoak
I just talked to Rick yesterday and he is still not happy that CR didn't even consider him and Patty when they took over the rally...And yes I think you are correct he and Patty did not charge for their services...

Woodwalker
The way things are going at CR give it a couple of weeks and Redwood may cancel their rally also...
I knew Rick & Patty didn't charge, but I am not sure if the "new crew" did.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #45
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
You are all welcome to come to our redwood rally
Double Check for us, will you.
In the past Redwood functions have been "Exclusive." Whether by the owners or by CR RV.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #46
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Thanks SleepT, I sent Rick a email this morning request some info. Waiting to hear back before I rearrange my travel plans. Looks like we will travel up to Traverse City, MI for that last weekend before heading home. If the Family Rally works out I will only have to shorten one of my reservations to fit it in.

Loneoak, Yes the CR rally was charging $80.00 to attend and you had to pay $41.00/night for your site.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

Old 04-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #47
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemistic View Post
Double Check for us, will you.
In the past Redwood functions have been "Exclusive." Whether by the owners or by CR RV.
Anyone is welcome as a guest to the rally. There is a 35.oo charge for guests as it is being funded by the redwood owners group. As well you need to register on the crossroads rally Web page and the make your reservation with the campground. Tell them you are with the redwood rally.all of the redwood owners can schedule 2 repairs to their rigs from the crossroad techs. They are checking right now if other crossroad owners coming as guests will have the same option
I hope this helps
Old 04-30-2016, 06:42 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
I think the difference is that Rick and Patty did not charge for their services; they organized this on a volunteer basis. I don't think the same applies to the new organizers. Correct me if I am wrong.
So how much of the admission do you think Lady E & the Professor was getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
Anyone is welcome as a guest to the rally. There is a 35.oo charge for guests as it is being funded by the redwood owners group. As well you need to register on the crossroads rally Web page and the make your reservation with the campground. Tell them you are with the redwood rally.all of the redwood owners can schedule 2 repairs to their rigs from the crossroad techs. They are checking right now if other crossroad owners coming as guests will have the same option
I hope this helps

You say it is being funded by the redwood owners group. Does that mean the group is paying over and above the camping price to subsidize Lady E & the Professor for doing the rally?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #49
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

You say it is being funded by the redwood owners group. Does that mean the group is paying over and above the camping price to subsidize Lady E & the Professor for doing the rally?
The redwood owners group which are a non profit group is charging 35.00 for rally signs ,food and incidentals. They are getting all the vendors and manufactors of various items in our coaches to get her for this. Crossroads is only supplying a tech to do 2 minor repairs on our rigs and putting on a supper and dance. Lady E and the professor are putting on a 3 day rv course prior to the rally that you pay for seperately. They are volunteering their time for a couple of classes during the rally.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #50
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
That's kind of what I was wondering. They were not the only ones involved - Rob & Sue Reese were working with them on this as well.

I agree with your earlier statement that they should have left things alone. We had not planned to go this year due to our upcoming Alaska trip, so for us it was a non-issue.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #51
Site Team

Official Cancellation of Remaining Crossroads/Redwood Regional Rallies.

Official Cancellation of Remaining Crossroads/Redwood Regional Rallies.
Here it is......the official cancellation of the remaining Crossroads/Redwood Regional Rallies: Canada, Virginia and Tennessee.

I am so sorry everyone. We tried and there just wasn't enough interest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Just on a side note: I know there has been a lot of talk about the Cooper's involvement w/the rallies. I wanted to take a moment to clarify a few things.

When Cooper & I were asked to do this job last summer by Andy Cripe, then - president of Crossroads...we graciously accepted with the agreement of NO MONEY being paid to us! We have not receive any payment of any amount, nor do not intend to receive any payment. We spent hours of our time volunteering, which meant our time was donated to help Crossroads/Redwood achieve their goal. What was the goal? It was to give back to the people.... in Regional Rally support. FYI - Rob & Sue Rees had the same arrangement as the Coopers with their support in Canada. (NO PAYMENT of any kind)

Yes, the Rees's were also asked to take on the National Rally because of their previous experience when they were owners. This was Andy's decision, period! The Rees's accepted.

Oh and the $80 registration fee for the National Crossroads Rally this year went to purchase all the catered meals for you while you were there. Not one cent went to the Cooper's or the Rees's.

At the Regional Rally in Texas, Cooper did teach a 3 day maintenance class prior to the rally. (ALL the details were on the Rally page for every one to see). There were 6 people who attended his class in Texas and had only great things to say about it. It was a separate fee and of course, we did receive payment for that...but there was no hidden cost of any kind. All the rallies only had campground fees and that amount was the total cost of attending the rallies....meaning, we didn't take any of the proceeds for ourselves.

Cooper & I appreciate Crossroads so much for being supportive in allowing this 3 day maintenance class to happen. Andy's thoughts were.... if people were interested in learning more about all the systems in their RV, how to operate their product correctly, how to maintain their rigs in a proactive way....then those same people would surely be better off for taking Cooper's class. No hidden agenda here .... just Crossroads caring about you, the owner.....which was the reason for us doing the class.

Now....We have the National Redwood Rally coming up. We have nearly 60 something rigs registered at this time. Here again.... the Cooper's make NO MONEY for the registration fees paid. It is only the cost of camping and a $25 ROG -Non-Member fee is collected. Which none of that money goes to the Coopers - it goes to the ROG.

Are you seeing a common denominator in all of this? The Cooper's are totally donating their time for this event, as well. Yes, we are doing a 3 day RV maintenance class scheduled before the rally starts....but here again, just like on the Regional Rallies... it is a separate cost. Oh...and since we are now considered a vendor because of the training class, we are giving all ROG Charter members $25 off their registration cost of the class as a rebate. It's our way of still supporting Crossroads/Redwood/and it's owners.

I do know that truth always prevails in all situations eventually.... sometimes however, it just needs a little boost.

I have truly enjoyed working with the Rally Team. Our original team was Christian Muffoletto (Crossroads Rep), Rob & Sue Rees (Canada Regional & National) and ....Jay Cauble who is overseeing the National Redwood Rally. Kathy Fuller came on board after Christian left. These people have done a terrific job. I can say that because I know what is going on behind the scenes, like most do not. Giving of their time and energy shows me that there is a huge amount of CARING in their hearts....and I applaud them all.

I will miss seeing those of you who I normally see at the rally and regret not getting the opportunity to meet new friends.

I do wish you ALL a wonderful summer of camping. I apologize for this being lengthy but I just felt it was something I needed to say to clear up the air of rumors.

For the Coopers, our passion has always been and always will be - to help others succeed...in whatever way that is. Here, it is in the RV Lifestyle. Don't let anyone tell you any different because you are hearing it yourself, straight from the the horses mouth....so to speak.

Thank you,
Lady E Cooper

Full-timers: Evada & Terry Cooper
Big Max - 2013 F350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW
Lady Redwood - 2016 39MB - Wine Bar Option
Crossroads / Redwood Regional Rally Coordinator
Rallies@MobileRVAcademy.com
Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 PM   #52
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
ewbldavis,

The CrossRoads Factory Rally will be held at the Shipshewana Campground July 15th-17th and registration will be available through the CrossRoads website.

Registration will open around the beginning of the year, and there will be LOTS of Regional and National Rally information posted at that time.

We will also be sure to post information on the forums and social media so that everyone is in the loop.

Any questions, feel free to shoot me an email or a private message!

Thanks,

Christian
CrossRoads Public Relations/Social Media

cmuffoletto@crossroadsrv.com
Hi Christian, we just purchased a Cruiser 5th wheel and are excited to go to a Rally. How do we sign up for this Rally in Shipshewana?
Old 05-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #53
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
gilbsgin,
Christian no longer works for Crossroads. The rally was cancelled a few weeks ago due to no enough people registered. There is another Crossroads Family Rally scheduled the weekend before at the Elkhart Campground in Indiana (see below). If you are interested contact: Rick by either Calling, text or email @ 314 591 0468 or nutabt24@htc.net.

FAMILY CAMPING RALLY
Rick & Patty Michels
When: Weekend of July 8-10
Where: Elkhart Campground 25608 Co RD. Elkhart In. 46514
Contact number for Campground: 574-266-2914 Bob or Gita
Email: elkhartcampground@yahoo.com
This is a new location for our group, if you are interested in joining there are two ways of reserving. If you are coming in early ahead of the 8 th, Please call the campground to give them arrival & departure dates, mention the group name listed above to guarantee a site. You can also call Rick Michels at 314-591-0468 to give your information for a head count.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

Old 05-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #54
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbysgin View Post
Hi Christian, we just purchased a Cruiser 5th wheel and are excited to go to a Rally. How do we sign up for this Rally in Shipshewana?
Christian is no longer with CR. You might be interested in this rally that is being organized by the former wagon master. A lot of RVers who went to the factory rally in the past will be at this rally. Rick and Patty are really good people.

2016 family camping rally
The dates are July 8 9 10 2016.

Rick Michels - 314-591-0468

Have fun.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 05-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #55
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODERRVING View Post
Christian is no longer with CR. You might be interested in this rally that is being organized by the former wagon master. A lot of RVers who went to the factory rally in the past will be at this rally. Rick and Patty are really good people.

2016 family camping rally
The dates are July 8 9 10 2016.

Rick Michels - 314-591-0468

Have fun.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Can you provide details of this Rally?
Gilbysgin
Old 05-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #56
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbysgin View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply! Can you provide details of this Rally?
Gilbysgin
Sorry, I intended that reply to go to Rick and Patty. Just finding my way around this Forum. I will contact them. Thanks again.
Closed Thread