Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #41
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D
Had a charcoal smoker for years...bought a gas smoker to replace it. Love it!
Well come on down Tim and join us, and don't forget to bring that smoker. If the trip is too far for you join us at the Northeast Crossroads Rally next May. Great group of people.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

I would love to, but unfortunately cannot. It does sound like a fun time. Smoking ribs and a cold beer...dangit man.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #43
Seasonal Camper

Rick, sure we will try to make suggestions based on our experiences with you...you got us all started anyway....it will be a fun time for sure....

Joe and Joan, Tony and Nancy, myself and Emmy are in PEI for a few days right now, this place is beautiful and the weather great...having a really nice time traveling together.... Will drive around the island over the next couple of days before heading back south to the homeland....

Walt...the KOA at Cornwall is really a nice campground...we are on the water....a most beautiful sunrise this morning at 0600 hours...thanks for the tip...
** MEMBER of the MASON-DIXON BUNCH **
** MEMBER of the Northeast Adventure Rally Group **
** MEMBER of the Montana Owners **
** MEMBER of Jayco Owners forum **
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

Glad you are enjoying PEI...look for the Bottle House, while there.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #45
Full Time Camper

it sounds wonderful Stan.... we're a little jealous but not too bad since we leave for disney next Friday.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
Seasonal Camper

Well.....Tony and Nancy, Emmy and myself are now back in the great and wonderful USA....in Medway Maine for tonight......then heading further south tomorrow...had a wonderful time.....
Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #47
Full Time Camper

glad you had a great time. Safe travels home.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

Stan
Glad to hear you all had a great time.

Aileen
So how was Disney. When we went I thought one week wasn't enough time to do it all.

In God We Trust
Old 08-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #49
Full Time Camper

we just arrived today. we overnighted at pecan park rv resort in Jacksonville fl last night. it was a nice place to spend a quick overnight. Arrived at disney this morning. We had requested the 1300 loop. they tried to put us in 700 loop (pet loop near boats). we got it changed but had to wit in overflow parking for a spot. tomorrow we hit the magic kingdom. saw several zingers on the wy down and there is a Z1 on our loop.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #50
Seasonal Camper

made it home yesterday afternoon...and all in one piece...lol...2970 miles....now ready to roll again...Aileen..please bring us back info ref fort wilderness if you can as we would like to go there as well....glad you had a s a safe trip down...now have some fun....

Tommy...you have been there with us all....
Old 08-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #51
Full Time Camper

Aileen
Yes and if you can bring back a numbered site map. I could not find one on Disney web site.

Stan
Did I have a good time??? Cause I could have swore I was at the Jersey shore with the grandkids!!!! I wish I was there, vacation time would not allow it. Nancy & Tony said it was beautiful.

In God We Trust
Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #52
Family Vacation Member

After 17 days on the road, Nancy and I are both back home! Great trip, great scenery and great memories. We would both like to thank our travel companions, Stan and Emmy and Joe and Joan for inviting the "newbies" along. This was our first multi-leg journey and their wisdom and experience was what made this first memorable for us. Next trip will be in a week and a half to Kingston NY with Tommy and Rose to the State Fair. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the fall rally. Hope everyone is out on the road and enjoying the summer.
2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #53
Full Time Camper

Ok I'm gonna make this easy for you guys. There is a free phone app that shows pics of the sites, go to google playstore and search fortfiends. The app will show up. Almost every site is pictured there with measurements and location of hook ups. They also list back in difficulty (no pull thrus). Our site was listed as difficult. That may have been an understatement. The road is barely wide enough to drive down. I had to swing between trees and vehicles parked right at the edge of the road. Two shots to even get into site and then some jockeying to get where I wanted it. Nice site though. We rented a golf cart, I will pm that info to you as I can't post it here. Fyi we saw a gator swiming in the canal near our campsite tonight.

Now you need to go to fortfiends.net. They have everything you ever wanted to know about the fort and more. They have videos of the loops, maps and give you all the secrets to the area. By the way you can't really pick your site but you can request a site or loop. We requested 1300 loop because they have some of the biggest sites and it is kinda in the middle of everything. I called to confirm our request a month out and again the day before arrival. We got here at 11 am. They assigned us to site 707. It is in the pet loop and the sites are smaller. I told them I wanted 1300 loop. I was given an option take a ready site in 700 loop or park on overflow and wait for a 1300 site. to give you an idea the 707 site was 60 ft long by 50 ft wide. The site we held out for is 70 ft deep by 18 ft wide. I took the wait. We parked in overflow and then were allowed to wander the fort and use whatever facilities (including pool) we wanted. Our site was ready by 2 pm and we pulled in as they finished cleaning the site. They hose the sites down and clean hook ups and tables.We then had our family join us. They are staying off property but you can have up to 10 people li at your site so we added them. That gave them keys to the world (room key that gives you access to fort and allows you to have magic hours. I have also linked credit cards to our keys so I don't have to carry credit card around Disney (they are pin protected).

It is gorgeous here. No issues and just a nice campground if you don't want to go into Disney

Edited by: anaro

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #54
Full Time Camper

Aileen
No APP phone....OLD SCHOOL Thanks any how.Edited by: sleepyT

In God We Trust
Old 08-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #55
Full Time Camper

tommy do you have an ipad? you can put it on there too. there is also apps for ride/attraction wait times and apps for park hours.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

Aileen
No Ipad or Iphone------I have a desk top computer and a lap top computer. Got anything for that stuff

In God We Trust
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #57
Full Time Camper

Just the fortfiends website. Although if you tell me what level site you want and how big I can help you figure out what to request.Edited by: anaro

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #58
Full Time Camper

Thanks Aileen
Hard to try and help the old guy HUH I am supprised that Disney's web site doesn't have more Visual information about Fort Wilderness. I have been on many small family owned campground web sites that have much more visual info.
Hard to beleive it's about seven week away from M/D rally. This summer has gone by pretty fast. Going to NY next week, then just two more trips for us this year.

In God We Trust
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #59
Seasonal Camper

Aileen....Emmy and Stan want your suggestion for a 38 footer with a crewcab dually....want to go there next year ourselves....
Old 08-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #60
Full Time Camper

So all of the loops are tight and list difficult back ins. 1200, 1300 and 1400 appear to have the largest sites but I'm not kidding when I say I struggled with angles backing it in. The road is just wide enough to barely fit the rig. Have you ever been to pirateland in myrtle beach? The road is just as narrow as the ones going through the inland sites if not narrower and surrounded by trees and bushes or people parked at the front of their sites. I see lots of class As, 5ers and larger tt around.Remember my rig is 22 ft truck plus 30 ft tt. I figured out the trick was to not care where on the site I got it in but then to go all the way back and jockey it from front to rear of site to position it correctly. Other than being tight it is a beautiful campground. Oh ny the in the 1320's I hear pool music and kids playing all day. If that is gonna bother you than go farther away from the pool. 1200 backside can hear it too. As for requesting sites, there is a procedure, something to do with faxing some choices. We didn't fax but we had AAA list our request. We then called closer to the trip and the day before arriving to check the request. The request was confirmed twice. They then gave us a site in a different loop. We asked to change it and they gave us a little grief but changed it for us. I think they just wanted to put us in aready site. I will have to work on figuring some sites out for you when I get down time on Friday. What would you like to be near or far from? What level of site do you want... I recommend premium beciauae the entire site is concrete. The other full hook up level is a short concrete pad with sand coquina behind it.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS