Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

All,

A few of us have thought it might be a nice gesture to setup a benefit fund for Larry and Eileen Day after their home was destroyed by the wildfires this past weekend in Texas. My wife Beverly is going to open an account at our bank for their relief fund. We would like to run this until 9/30/2011 and at that point we will have a check made out to them and Beverly andI will take it out to them. We will present the check to them with a card and a list of all those that made donations to help out. If you wish to make a donation here is the information below.

Make checks out to:

Larry and Eileen Day Fire Fund

They can be sent to our home address:

Keith and Beverly Hodges

1707 Wooten Dr.

Austin, Tx. 78757

I know this will not begin to get their lives back to normal but at least it will help in their time of need. If you have any questions you can either send me a PM or an email at the address below. Thanks

hunter11@austin.rr.com

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The check is in the mail.
Prayers sent to the Man above.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Keith, sent you an email.

https://i43.tinypic.com/rlz8tk.jpg

Life is too short not to live it as a Texan.
Texas1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

sent check.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Folks, for anyone wanting to donate from here forward pleae make the checks out to Beverly Hodges with a note at the bottom of the check saying "Larry & Eileen Fire Fund". The bank prefers we do it that way. All checks we have recieved will be deposited the way they were sent. Thanks again for all the support we have gotten so far.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I just wanted to thank everyone who donated to the fund to help Larry and Eileen. Beverly sent the check off to them today and we raised a total of $1270. I am sure they will be able to put this to good use in trying to get their lives back to normal. This is a great forum with a lot of caring people.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Eileen and I would like to thank all the forum members that donated and especially Keith and Bev for arranging and managing the effort. And we appreciate the thoughts and prayers from everyone as well. Since the fire weakness with our old house was the attached open RV port, this time we will have a fully enclosed RV garage. The donations will pretty much cover the cost of the door and that is where we will use the money. That way every time we pull the Cruiser out we will again appreciate your kindness and help.

Right now it is raining big time here, radar suggest at least 2 inches in the last few hours. Other areas, especially west of San Antonio show over 5 inches. After church I will have to see what this has done to the backfill and trenches for the two concrete slabs. I may not be able to start plumbing rough-in on Monday. But the rain is more important even if it causes a delay.

Again, thank you all for caring and helping with our recovery, and hope to see you at the Texas rally in April.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote