Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Over the last 9 years we RVed every summer for 4-5 months each time in different states/provinces and saw many beautiful lakes,water falls,sunsets,animals and caves but the best memories are from meeting people.
I think that RV people are "different" ,most have the same state of mind,most like to help, I would like to think it is like one large family and although we do not know each other we still would stop on the road to help another RVer.
So my best memory was meeting a RVer in a C.G at the beginning of the summer and I helped him out with some sewer issues and equipment and was invited to store my rig for the winter on his property....I will never forget that.

Edited by: danshula

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Last weekend we decided to sneak in one more outing before the freeze sets in. So we decided to go down to St. Louis (~525 miles). Weather was absolutely perfect...drive down was awesome....not a cloud in the sky and down there (Missouri) leaves were just beginning to peak. Found a spot at Eureka, Mo KOA....very nice campground. Hooked upwith a military friend and saw the Arch, Anheuser/Busch brewery, and Science museum. Next day hooked up with a relative and visited Grant's farm. I have never heard of Grant's farm but I cannot say enough nice things about the place. It is a 280 acre site filled with exotic animals all in a natural setting. They have an outstanding free elephant show about every two hours. They also have a frequent "Animal encounter" show that is a must see. Then there are the famous Clydesdale(sp?) horses there. For a break you can enjoy two free beers each or other beverages and snacks.The park has beautiful landscaping and at this time of year (Fall) it just doesn't get any better.The tour is free...you just pay for parking. I would make it the #1 thing to see in St. Louis and if you have time left over go see the Arch and Science museum and Zoo and......

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

We had looked at campers for about 4 years before purchasing. It was sort of like a hobby or PT job! We had thought to buy a pop-up and travel around, then get more serious and move on up again to 5th wheel or TT or small motorhome. Well we kept looking and looking and then when AHHHHH! when we saw the Hamptons. We love our new Hampton 2011 HT39FE and the park we have itset in. Amazing how it all fell into place...and nothing like we thought we were going to be doing!

Lots of quiet, and good folks to share a meal or campfire and talk with now. No TV yet, but who cares.

The Summer was spent getting set up,(lordy it takes a while doesn't it?) thenlaying 1350 patio blocks andfinding out the locking sand didn't lock and redoing it all =)

Spacing thatchore out between the grandsons coming to help grandpa, relaxing walks, campfires,and meeting new friends has been a blessing. We even met the 'relaxed us'and we are pretty neat people!

We are looking forward to a weekend or two at camp this winter trying our feet out with snowshoes.

There's talk of a pontoon next summer, told the dear hubby we must learn to swim first =)

2011 Hampton HT39FE
spa4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:01 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

This past August we were camping in SE Minnesota. We were awaken at 1:40 a.m.bythe bang of aflashgrenade. We looked out our windowand saw several police cars and what looked like an ambulance entering the campground. We found out in the morning that it wasn't an ambulance. It was the SWAT teamvehicle. SWAT had been hiding in the woods and plain clothes police officers were watching two criminals the previous day. The criminals had robbed and murdered three people in Florida. The flashgrenade disoriented the criminals and they were apprehended without incident that night.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by we-canoe
This past August we were camping in SE Minnesota. We were awaken at 1:40 a.m.bythe bang of aflashgrenade. We looked out our windowand saw several police cars and what looked like an ambulance entering the campground. We found out in the morning that it wasn't an ambulance. It was the SWAT teamvehicle. SWAT had been hiding in the woods and plain clothes police officers were watching two criminals the previous day. The criminals had robbed and murdered three people in Florida. The flashgrenade disoriented the criminals and they were apprehended without incident that night.

UMMM......I THINK YOU WIN THE PRIZE, IF THAT WAS THE BEST MEMORY WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD BE YOUR WORST? I TAKE IT THAT YOU ARE WRITING THIS POST ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER AND NOT ONE IN THE FEDERAL PEN. SO I GUESS IT IS SAFE TO ASSUME THAT YOU WERE NOT THE 'PERSON OF INTEREST'

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

Maybe not the "best" but certainly the most memorable.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Glad you made it through it in one piece

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
New Camper

Buds and some "buds" LOL...
I'm sure your some had a great time with his new little "Adventure place"
Me and the guys are still on the lookout for our best location, I guess the best story will have to follow soon after. We are looking into going to some private land scouted from Acreage for sale and maybe the next post here will be a "FUN" one... LOL!

parklandgroupohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #29
Weekend Camper

Best for 2010

Buyin camper Monday morning. Bringing it home and setting it up. 3:30 kids get home from school. Shocked and stunned as I tell them it's our's. Family time for the rest of the night in the camper. Sleeping in the driveway Monday night. Tuseday morning one kid falls from top bunk. Oops good memory.

Best for 2011

All the fun times ahead...

https://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...7-49-55_82.jpg
Taylorized is offline   Reply With Quote