Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Buyers Beware

Back in early may, I posted a story about my in-laws and their damaged awning....... I ordered them a new one online through camperpartsworld.com
Their website states a 2 to 3 week wait due to special order (as well as no cancellations or refunds) After 4 weeks, I inquire online, and they tell me 4 weeks due to covid19. Reasonable enough, bu I'm already at 4 weeks.....
Week 6, I try to call them, but the phone is a recording to contact them online through the website, and disconnects. I try another email, this time they tell me the average window is 5 to 7 weeks for delivery. I reply on week 8, and tell them if I don't have a set delivery date, I will file a dispute on my credit card charge, and cancel the order. I get an auto-reply "thank you for your patience. we are very busy right now, and are working as fast as we can on your order"
Last tuesday was week 9. I filed the dispute, and ordered the awning from camperid.com on Friday. it was delivered today.
I went back to camperpartsworld.com, and messaged them that I received the product from another vendor in only 4 days, and that they should take their example as to how customer service should be......... Their reply........
"thank you for your patience. we are very busy right now, and are working as fast as we can on your order"
Steer clear of this outfit, please.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Customer service like that is downright bull [emoji90]. You should be able to talk to a person and get an issue dealt with immediately.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

That drives me crazy!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Go to RV.Net, register if you are not a member and go to the Dear Marcus forum and under Camping World Service and Installation,

post your complaint.Others will see it and think twice about dealing with them. They got back to me the next day.
The problem was with camperpartsworld.com, that is not associated with camping world
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

This is why I go to my local trailer dealer and get stuff. Keep locals working and get stuff on time.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Im all for buying local, but when the local place is $400 more for the identical $950 part, it's tough to make that purchase.
(and the local shop would have to order it as well, hence the markup)
Old 07-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrizz View Post
Im all for buying local, but when the local place is $400 more for the identical $950 part, it's tough to make that purchase.

(and the local shop would have to order it as well, hence the markup)
I just bought 4 new brake assemblies yesterday. Cheapest I could find online was $117.60 each, my local trailer/wheel shop (a non RV place) originally quoted me $135 each, but price matched them for $117.
Just all depends on where you shop.
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 CTD
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote