Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Most parks we go to are privately owned & safer than state parks which we are too big to get into away. If we pull in & there's a fifth of Jack on the table & they're all sittin' 'round cleaning their guns we'll look for ya!
I also carry a fire extinguisher & will probably need it long before I need the gun.
But if you feel safer packing heat then by all means do so! I'm more scared knowing that 50% of the people I see DO have a gun!! My SIL/BIL are carrying all the time & that scares the HELL out me.
I completely respect your right to not carry. Carrying is certainly not for everyone.
However, you ever pull in and see that group of guys sitting in the open cleaning guns and a fifth of Jack on the table, I would be afraid too. You have run into a very irresponsible group of gun owners.
Concealed means just that, you would never know. In addition a responsible gun owner knows that guns and alcohol are NEVER to be mixed.
You will never see what you describe from responsible gun owners. And I might add most conceal carry gun owners are very cautious people who know full well the responsibility that comes with carrying a weapon.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 05-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Don't own a gun & don't really want to be in a park where everybody is packing. Been fulltimers for 8 years & NEVER needed one anywhere. But you guys are more than welcome.
I'm not as worried about the campgrounds as I am truck stops and rest areas. If l'm on the road i'm armed.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Always have one in the Truck or Camper. Been in many areas where help is more than an hour away.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

CCW

15 in the clip, one in the hole.

My wife carries her LCP380 every weekend as well. I'd rather be prepared and not need it than unprepared and need it.
Bloomington, IN
Old 05-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

CCW

Always when at home or camping. Wife, SW HD 9mm Sub Compact w/two clips. And concealed always.
Faribault MN
Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #26
Site Team

Watch Maryland. They have no reciprocity recognition for any state. Can't carry in vehicle or rv any handgun without a Maryland license.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 05-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #27
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Its like the American Express card.
I never go anywhere with out it

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
Old 05-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Watch Maryland. They have no reciprocity recognition for any state. Can't carry in vehicle or rv any handgun without a Maryland license.
Guess Maryland is one of those states I won't be visiting.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 05-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

At a mall near me yesterday a man with a knife went on a rampage and stabbed to death 4 people. Finally stopped by a citizen which thankfully was carrying.

Either my wife or I never leave the house without our Walther PPS's.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
Old 05-11-2016, 06:26 AM   #30
Family Vacation Member

image.jpg

Old 05-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Don't go anywhere without my glock 26 or glock 19. 26 in the console of my truck or on my hip. 19 in the camper.

Sometimes I throw one of my ar rifles or my scar17 under the bed in a case with several mags and a case of ammunition. Never know when there might be a shooting range near by.

I don't travel through any states which don't recognize my permits.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

I started the CCW process about 7 months ago. The wait in my county is about 15 months! Welcome to CA...

I'm a field rep for an almond processor, so I drive about 30K miles/year on all back roads. The crazy stuff I have seen over the years! Don't need one as much for camping. Our 130 lb Rottweiler went through guardian training. Anyone who tires to get into our trailer would probably wish they were shot instead.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #33
Weekend Camper

We've looked into carrying a few years ago. My husband and I even both took a class that makes us qualified to apply for a CCW permit. I'm just not comfortable enough around guns to go through the process right now. I feel it's irresponsible for someone uncomfortable to carry at all. You become a liability. Need more time on the range first. I'm also confused about state and national park rules. We tend to stay in most of those locations and I was given the impression you can't even have them in your vehicle on property never mind carry. I'll have to check out more resources and get better educated.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 AM   #34
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCamping View Post
We've looked into carrying a few years ago. My husband and I even both took a class that makes us qualified to apply for a CCW permit. I'm just not comfortable enough around guns to go through the process right now. I feel it's irresponsible for someone uncomfortable to carry at all. You become a liability. Need more time on the range first. I'm also confused about state and national park rules. We tend to stay in most of those locations and I was given the impression you can't even have them in your vehicle on property never mind carry. I'll have to check out more resources and get better educated.
Kudos to you, if you are not comfortable carrying at this time, then by all means don't. You are right on when you indicate you need more range time before you would be comfortable in carrying.
Educate yourself, find someone you can trust in handling a gun. Learn to shoot with a degree of accuracy then when you are comfortable go ahead and jump through the necessary hoops in order to qualify and go through the necessary classes for CCW.
As for various parks, that can vary from state to state. There are apps to help you with that when you are ready.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #35
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVillines View Post
I started the CCW process about 7 months ago. The wait in my county is about 15 months! Welcome to CA...

I'm a field rep for an almond processor, so I drive about 30K miles/year on all back roads. The crazy stuff I have seen over the years! Don't need one as much for camping. Our 130 lb Rottweiler went through guardian training. Anyone who tires to get into our trailer would probably wish they were shot instead.
I waited almost 4 week!

Old 05-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #36
Site Team

It took me 10 minutes. Couldn't believe it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 05-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
It took me 10 minutes. Couldn't believe it.
You must be REALLY good!

Old 05-11-2016, 02:56 PM   #38
New Camper

I carry every day. S&W M&P 40c or my M&P Shield 40
Old 05-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #39
Family Vacation Member

Weapon Not Needed!

Come to Canada - lived here for 53 years - have never experienced a reason to carry a weapon in public. 35 years in the Navy with multiple tours overseas - always loved coming home to safety. PS I own two 12 gauge shotguns, a semi and a pump. I hunt waterfowl and shoot skeet, not my neighbours.

Roselyn and Darrell
2007.5 Silverado LT/EFI Live Tuned Duramax/6Spd Allison/Banks Ram Air with Super Scoop/Edge CTS Gauges/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Springs
2014 335ss Cruiser Provincial
Retired Navy
Old 05-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #40
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
At a mall near me yesterday a man with a knife went on a rampage and stabbed to death 4 people. Finally stopped by a citizen which thankfully was carrying.

Either my wife or I never leave the house without our Walther PPS's.
Off duty Law Enforcement took the man out. Probably saved many lives because he had CCW.
Closed Thread