Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #21
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpres View Post
Stupid question, Can you just order it through Camping World Chichester and pick it up there to do your own work?
Right now that's the plan. Last year it took them 6 months, 10 pictures and 15 emails to get me a replacement toilet seat. I'm going into this thinking I'm not going to have use of one of my awnings most, if not all summer.

Once they have your money, they don't seem to want to do anything.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #22
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
On mine, when it was still under warranty, I contacted CR rep (she has moved up or out, but no longer there) in Indiana & with their approval I bought the parts needed from local sources, installed myself, & sent receipt copies in for reimbursement, then in a couple weeks I got a check in the mail. Being fulltimers I wasn't able wait weeks or months while some dealer was "waiting on parts" that they hadn't ordered yet.
Oh yes, another favorite scenario. I patiently waited 2 months for a replacement A/C shroud only to find out they never ordered it. Was another two months.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

You know it's bad when you opt to pay for a part, or do the work yourself when your under warranty because either A.) It will get done quicker, or B.) it will be done better and with more care.

We bought our first trailer almost a year ago and needed to have some work done on our center island that was falling apart. We brought it to a local dealer, it was done in less than a week but when we got it back I looked at the work and it was in that moment that I realized... These guys are not finishing carpenters, and I could have done a better job if I was a monkey with a hammer.

-Tim

TV: 2015 F-150 XLT Crew Cab 3.5L Eco 4x4 Max Tow
TT: 2017 26BB
SB: Catalina 22
NoodlesWIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

All things considered, the potential to lose use of the RV for months scares me. I'm also at a disadvantage because mine is currently on a seasonal spot. I haven't registered it yet because I'm not towing. Registration would have been about $1,800 in New Hampshire when I bought it so I had it delivered. This year it's down to about $1,200. I also don't have a truck to tow it and transport company is $100 to leave the yard, $3.00 per mile and tip.

I'm lucky that I'm handy. I can't do finish work to save my life. I'm hoping if the weather clears this weekend that I can take a picture of the volt meter on the leads to the motor showing 12 volts. Then take pictures as I disassemble it, (more to remember how to put the new one back in). If they have one in stock, I may just pay for it if the claim is going to take too long to process and then they can take the replacement one that comes in. They probably don't have any though.