Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Site Team

Last trip of the season for us was a wonderful time. Spent 29 days dry camping in the Chequamegon NF. Hunting was the best I have ever experienced up there. Every thing on the camper worked great---just the way it's suppose to. Barb and I had a wonderful time and really hated to come home , but it was getting colder every day and not all that pleasant to be outside, so home it was. Now to get everything unloaded and the rig winterized and put away. I have a couple before and after pics I will post when I get caught up.

OH, and by the way way, the trophy roof doesn't look like a trophy after this trip.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Glad you had a great trip! Just winterized mine after a trip Columbus Day weekend where we had snow in the White Mtns area of NH.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Lloyd:

Glad that you and Barb had a good time and a successful hunt. Just load that trailer up and head on down to Texas. We'll show you how to camp in the winter time.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Glad it was a good trip. Its always hard to pack up and go home after a trip like that.

This weekend is our last for the season. Went to bed with 25F temps. Last evening I turned off the water and drained my hose. We ran off the tank for any water we needed. This morning when I got up and walked the dog I counted 6 people messing with their hose. When I returned from my walk I turned on the tap went inside and had all the water I needed.... I think frozen hoses is a sign its time to call it a season!

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Brought ours home from the seasonal site this past week and winterized it. Going to the dealers on Monday for annual maintenance and the annual inspection. Down to the Alabama gulf coast the first of January for our annual three month snowbird trip. Can't wait!!
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Ok Dale the roads are fine, waiting on you. Notice this last week that it is going to be a hard winter up there, all kinds of Northern plates down here. Generally do not see this many until after Thanksgiving

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Site Team

When we arrived here--
">

It looked like this across the lake from our camp.

">

This what it looked like a couple days before we left.

">
It always amazes me just how fast the seasons change here in WI.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Frank, I would be out of here the first of November, but the DW has to be here for the holidays with the kids and grandkids. I take what I can get.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Yes I understand about the holidays and grand kids and wives. Do not get in their way. Looks as if we are going to have a new DIL She is from further north than you. Her mother was here this week interesting lady, and she lives in Moosejaw Canada. She says she is coming back in January can not stand thew cold and snow. I remember when we lived up north that we use to look at the catapiller's and go by the fur on them to tell how bad the winter is going to be. I bet Lloyd still does

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Lloyd,
Listen to George! Why waste all that time winterizing when all you have to do is come to Texas!

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
Site Team

George--Paul, thanks for the invite. It sounds good, but I'm afraid it isn't in the cards for us. At least not in the "immediate" future. Besides, I already have the pink stuff in.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Lloyd-

Glad you had a good trip! We're still out on our grand finale for the year. Currently in Ridgway, CO. Getting 2 new tires and bearings repacked tomorrow in Montrose while on our way to Fruita, CO. Will winterize Friday A.M. in Fruita and tow home to Breck in the P.M. Everything's working so great am already anxious for our spring trip to (?) starting in March. Yes, our new thermister solved the Norcold fridge problem. Lots of time to plan tween now and then while watching it snow..(not gonnamention snow removal at this point). Speaking of snow, we've had a couple cold rainy nights here in Ridgway but clear and warming today near 70. There's lots of color still left on the trees around the campground with fresh snow high up on the mountains...beautiful! Ah, the joys of fall camping in Colorado.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

We closed our unit up today . All cleaned up and winterized.

I can't wait (30 yrs) until I retire and we simply drive south
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastn

Lloyd-

Glad you had a good trip! We're still out on our grand finale for the year. Currently in Ridgway, CO. Getting 2 new tires and bearings repacked tomorrow in Montrose while on our way to Fruita, CO. Will winterize Friday A.M. in Fruita and tow home to Breck in the P.M. Everything's working so great am already anxious for our spring trip to (?) starting in March. Yes, our new thermister solved the Norcold fridge problem. Lots of time to plan tween now and then while watching it snow..(not gonnamention snow removal at this point). Speaking of snow, we've had a couple cold rainy nights here in Ridgway but clear and warming today near 70. There's lots of color still left on the trees around the campground with fresh snow high up on the mountains...beautiful! Ah, the joys of fall camping in Colorado.
That's nice your fall trip is going well also Russ. Whats with the new tires? I hope you're not having axle issues????
The new thermister solved our problem with the fridge also. Worked like a champ after that.
For all the stress something like that can cause, it was a pretty inexpensive fix. About $22 if I remember right.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

The tires are replacements for the two remaining Mission originals which are showing wear and reached the five year age mark. I'm surprised they lasted five seasons but guess I was luckier than some. The other two had tread separation problems..construction, not wearing out. I try to load trailer and truck as light as possible to stillhave a good time while out for months at a time.You're right about the cost of the thermister. $22 and self install in about two minutes. Well, I've got to go meet a tee time!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote