Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
New Camper

I'll have to admit that even though it was riddled with problems, we still had a goodtime. Left last Wed to go to Fitzgerald, GA for stepdaughter's wedding. DW had been in the doc's office that morning having some kidney pain and they said she did not have kidney stones. She also realized that she had lost her ATM card. She wanted to drive since she says I scare her going through ATL. We got through ATL anround midnight and my back started hurting, so I turned on the seat warmers to help with the pain. We were three hours away from our destination and the pain became severe. I sucked it up and squirmed until we reached our campsite. Well the gates were locked at 3:00am so we went to the WallyWorld parking lot to lay down. At 4:45, I was praying, yelling, and chewing a pillow from the pain. We called my nephew to take me to the hospital. Yep, son, u r passin a kidney stone was what the doc said. They were wonderful with the speed they got me some medication to help with the pain.We had to go back to the hospital to get a prescription corrected taht the doc had written for a pain med no longer in production. DW got the 5'er stuck in traffic at the hospital parking lot and had to back the rig into four lanes of traffic. She did great !!!I stayed awake until 3am Saturday morning till the stone passed. The wedding was beautiful and we left Sunday coming home. The only other mishap was a full bottle of BBQ sauce flying out of the cabinet. When I lookback at the trip I have to be grateful for a safe trip.

2003 F250 King Ranch 6.0 diesel

TOMNDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I hope your second trip is much better than the frist.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Now that's a positive attitude. Wish I could get my mind to do that.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote