Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Next generation of Air Force One made by foreigners on foreign soil, paid for with American tax dollars, just gotta love it! This is not a political statement!

Monday, January 19, 2009, Source, The Wichita Eagle

Tuesday marks the swearing in of the next president. One of the issues at hand through the shift of administration is the president's main means of transportation: Air Force One. For more than 40 years, Boeing has built Air Force One. Last week, the Air Force quietly put out requests for information to see what contractors might be interested in bidding on the next fleet of presidential planes. Boeing and Eads, the parent company of Airbus, are the only companies capable of building such a plane. The competition could pave the way for the next trans-Atlantic battle between Boeing and Airbus, which has some American politicians concerned. "Given the current rules and regulations that are governed by Air Force procurement, I'm very concerned," said U.S. Rep. Todd Tiahrt, (R) Wichita. Congressman Tiahrt fears Eads could underbid Boeing because of subsidies it gets from European governments to build Airbus planes. "So it's very possible unless the rules change that the next Air Force One will be manufactured in Toulouse, France instead of Seattle, Washington," Tiahrt said. "If the Air Force looks around and decides that bigger is better, the A-380 might just be the way to go," said Richard Aboulafia. Aboulafia also pointed out that the presidential helicopter, Marine One, is an Italian-English product. "But to me it's very important that the leader of the free world step off of an American manufactured airplane because it's such a symbol of power and such an important aircraft," Tiahrt said. The current collection of 747s making up the presidential fleet gets serviced in Wichita at Boeing, though Boeing never acknowledges when they are being serviced. The Air Force wants to replace those planes starting in 2016. Edited by: markbet

2006 Dodge 5.9L CTD

2007 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...G_0955-1-1.jpg
markbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
They were talking about this on NBC, but not criticizing it.
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I was trying to find the right words but now I have to get my blood pressure medicine

Back now and I have this thought. What are the name brands of the machines used at Boieng (add the name of your company here)?

How many drive a honda, lexus, toyota...?

If you open the hood on the Ford, Dodge, Chevy who made the electronics componrnts?

Where was a Fleetwood made?

Where are most of the parts for a 787 made?Edited by: Chrisnan23

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

good timing. history channel is showing a presidental series of shows and they were just showcasing "presidetial vehicles" planes-helicopters-cars-trains. kinda off topic but very interesting. i'm on the east coast maybe some of you guys in a different time zone can catch it.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
I was trying to find the right words but now I have to get my blood pressure medicine

Back now and I have this thought. What are the name brands of the machines used at Boieng (add the name of your company here)?

How many drive a honda, lexus, toyota...?

If you open the hood on the Ford, Dodge, Chevy who made the electronics componrnts?

Where was a Fleetwood made?

Where are most of the parts for a 787 made?

!. Brotje - Germany

Mankino - China

2. Don't drive rice burners

3. Electronics - China

Truck assembled in Mexico, WHICH SUCKS!!

4. ?? Don't know

5. China I think. Boeing is teaching China to build airplanes. When they learn, and start building them, Boeing is finished anyway, all in the name of GREED on Boeings part!!!!

2006 Dodge 5.9L CTD

Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Are you talking Fleetwood RV? Still don't know even if you are.

2006 Dodge 5.9L CTD

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbet

Are you talking Fleetwood RV? Still don't know even if you are.

Yes and Mexico.

The point is this is a "global economy" and we are stuck with it. Your comment about greed sums it up.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote