Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Finally picked up the 5th wheel from the dealer. It sat there all winter after theyfinished the work on it. Brought it home, 5 new tires for it and 4 new tires for the Dodge. Need to install my wet bolts, then take it over and get the axle alignment tweaked as there was some uneven tire wear. Then pick up the new tv and get everything cleaned up. Heading south April 20th, early. Going to do 3 weeks again, southern Utah and the Nevada Arizona corner. Even going to have the mother in law come for a few days. She is going to fly into Vegas, we will pick her up and she can hang out with us for a while, then she heads home again. We are both really looking forward to this trip, its been a very busy winter for us. Looking forward to relaxing together.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Got the wetbolts in tonight. Every single nylon bushing was toast, wore completely through. No wonder the suspension was squeaking!

SOB 5er
Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

enjoy your trip. sounds like its going to good time.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Enjoy your trip, wish we were heading but not untill the end of May. You will find the wet bolt kit much better then the old nylon bushings.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
If yours are toast then so are mine. I guess before the next long trip I need to get them installed.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

I did not notice any squeaking till about 3/4 through our season. I think we had towed a total of about 7000 miles by then, plus however far it is from Indiana to our dealer.

SOB 5er
Old 04-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Boyd:
was just talking to a coworker the other day there is an iron-man triathlon in St George on May 1st check ahead for reservations.We are very envious maybe plan to get away a couple days before the end of the month

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

We are finally leaving the driveway today for the first time this year. Can't believe it is April and I have yet to spend a night in the Cruiser, not even a doghouse night. We really haven't been out as a family since Memorial Day last year. Did a lot of backyard camping during the house remodel and I did a couple of trips out on my own in the fall.

Facing a little glitch with some snow falling in the mountain pass last night/ this morning but it should end and be cleared up by mid-afternoon. I should be in theCG & set up by late afternoonin time for the first pitch of the opening day game.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapachoo
Boyd:
was just talking to a coworker the other day there is an iron-man triathlon in St George on May 1st check ahead for reservations.We are very envious maybe plan to get away a couple days before the end of the month

I just heard about the triathalon recently. Luckily, we already have our reservations. Should be good to go. Just have to try and avoid the route around that time.

I have 4 days off before we head out on the 20th. I hope to squeeze in a few minor jobs during that time. One being a redo of the caulking around the front cap and some of the doors. It is seperated in quite a few spots.

SOB 5er
Old 04-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Well, due to a lovely spring storm, I didn't get the caulking done. We got about a foot of heavy wet snow, after incredible high winds. Lost power for a while, several days in some areas. But, we are all packed up and ready to head out. Probably leave around 4am tomorrow, cross the border and hopoefully get into Idaho. All the snow has been cleared, so the roads should be good. Really going to be nice to get away for a while!

SOB 5er