Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Good-bye

Sorry to say that the wife and I have traded in our CrossRoads for another brand. Our SF32RL had been in the shop for over a month with work having to be done on the schwintec (sp?) slides and we were told it would be almost another month before they could get the remaining parts to complete the job. Apparently ordering from schwintec is a nightmare and we just had enough. I'll be leaving this forum and joining the new manufacturers forum.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that's been so helpful and friendly! Some great people here with a wealth of knowledge. Good luck all.

Gary & Donna

**WAS**2013 Sunset Trail Reserve SF32RL
**WAS**2011 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman
**NOW** 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Gcross1468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I hear you.

Anymore problems with mine and it's going too. And that's bad, because I like it alot. All the little stuff is killing it for me. I'm afraid of the future, beyond the warranty. How can you get a brand new trailer delivered to you with 3 15" wheels and 1 14" wheel. It had to come all the way from Indiana like that. I hope this is the last problem. (now the water pump)

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quality control has suffered for ALL mfg's...

Many of "today's" workers of the me,me,me generation don't really care...

The 'depression' drove all the 'good' workers that were skilled enough to find other jobs TO other jobs and the newbie's are still learning...

And us baby boomers are buying rv's at a record pace...

Those, and the fiasco's of new, are why we stopped ordering new after two strikes, we're out and bought used
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Sorry to hear that you've had so many issues. I was glad when I ordered mine in March of 2014 that they did all the upgrade and made it a 2015. We have had very good luck with ours (knock on wood). Only the rear jack motor went 3 weeks after the warranty expired. LCI sent me a new one at no charge. Good luck with your next trailer and happy trails.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcross1468 View Post
Sorry to say that the wife and I have traded in our CrossRoads for another brand. Our SF32RL had been in the shop for over a month with work having to be done on the schwintec (sp?) slides and we were told it would be almost another month before they could get the remaining parts to complete the job. Apparently ordering from schwintec is a nightmare and we just had enough. I'll be leaving this forum and joining the new manufacturers forum.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that's been so helpful and friendly! Some great people here with a wealth of knowledge. Good luck all.

Gary & Donna
Please do us all a favor and send an email to the CEO, Andy Cripe and let him know you have left the brand and why. you may want to also copy the folks in marketing who are suppose to be monitoring this forum but I'm not sure how closely they monitor.

I have been preaching to Crossroads every chance I get that they must do something to build brand loyalty. Your departure it exactly why they must.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

No need to go. I still visit the Dutchmens Forum and the Dodge Dakota Owners Forum, even though I no longer own either. Your experience can be shared, and many times I have offered inputs on these, with a past-owner's perspective.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

So what did you end up going with? Inquiring minds want to know. Also, just because you are joining the SOB (some other brand) crowd, doesn't mean you can't still visit here. As you can see, I'm still here even though I have a forest river now.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Nobody said you had to go!!

DaddyO & GG
Kids and Cat
2010 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7 (gas hog)
2013 Sunset Trail 29SS Reserve
Daddyo&GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Sorry! Gents there all made from the same Gene Pool and I think it need more chlorine.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #10
Seasonal Camper

No need to leave just because you don't own this brand anymore. You can still share your thoughts and experiences, as well as learn from others.

I no longer own a Crossroads product but I still look around here from time to time.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote