Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
Site Team

Our much anticipated and long planned for main trip of the year has come and gone.
It was a great time. Everything on the Cruiser worked just the way it was suppose to.
The only complaint I have is CRs insulating or lack there of. When it got cold the furnace had a hard time keeping up. I thought by getting the extra insulation package that wouldn't happen. WRONG!!
Enough said on that.
We had a great time!! We set up for 25 days in the Chequamegon NF. Dry camping mind you!
Hunted and fished to our hearts content. (mostly hunted) First 2 weeks was t-shirt weather, but then the rain, cold, and finally snow. Our generator got broke in for sure. I figured we run it close to 100 hrs. The furnace run the batteries down so bad every night it was a must. Fall is beautiful here we really enjoy this trip. It's not far from home, only 75 mi. but it seems like a world away.
Have now got the cruiser winterized and backed into the shed for the winter.
We had a great season and hope ever one else did also.

This was the day we arrived.

The day before we left for home.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

25 days of dry camping sounds pretty cool. we dont mind dry camping either. you might want to check your duct work, maybe the connections are'nt good. we have had our trailer below 20 degrees and to be honest we've lowered the heat.it gets hot in our trailer. what kind of batteries are you using? our trailer came from our dealer with deep cycle STARTING batteries and they did'nt hold a charge long and the furnace would use them up quicly. we changed them out and now everything is cool.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Haven't had any issues with the heat/furnace other than running out of propane

I'll be putting mine away after they repair the hot water heater next week. Glad you had a good year and a great last trip.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote