Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #41
Full Time Camper

Lloyd do not hold anything back, it is not good for you. People have to remember that Thor for the first several years after the purchase left CrossRoads management alone. Thor Policey has been just that to allow each division to operate independantly. I th,nk these guys went in and sold them a bill of goods, I know severall people who went direct to Thor and complained. They might have taken notice, along with the mess that they now have.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

Maybe they need "The Profit", Marcus Lemonis, Camping World CEO and savior of small business to rescue CR?

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #43
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=Old Farmer]
The way their product has gone down hill the last few years

In my opinion, it's about time they started doing a good house cleaning there. The buck stops at the top as far as I'm concerned.
Lets all hope they get their s**t mess cleaned up, turned around, and start producing a quality product again.

Al, I don't think ole Tom was a sacrificial lamb. I think he was one dumb s**t and it finally caught up with him.

[/QUOTE
I do agree with you Lloyd. I just think things are so screwed up they had to shake things up it remains to be seen if anything positive comes out of it. I am no very confident there will.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

You also have to remember that these management changes are also effecting Redwood. I have heard some other things involving both RW and CR but those I will keep to myself and see how things play out. I really hope Bob Martin gets things turned around, I understand he is a straight up guy and so far he has taken out the two top dogs and I would not be surprised to see more changes.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #45
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
It takes some serious mismanagement to screw up Carriage and Crossroads... It's obvious to those of us who've been CR fans that certain people were destroying Crossroads. I hope CR turns around, looks like they started with the right dead weight. The BS TM use to spout on here was Dollar Store material.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #46
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
You also have to remember that these management changes are also effecting Redwood. I have heard some other things involving both RW and CR but those I will keep to myself and see how things play out. I really hope Bob Martin gets things turned around, I understand he is a straight up guy and so far he has taken out the two top dogs and I would not be surprised to see more changes.
I can't complain about Crossroads or My Redwood, had great service after the sale and we are enjoying our camping experience after 9 months of ownership. We have been blessed.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #47
Full Time Camper

Buddy, you keep "quoting" me on this post like you feel I am bashing Crossroads/Redwood. I have never said anything in this thread to bash them in any way, I am only stating things I know are going on within the company. Isee a couple of poston the Redwood forum where they seemed to be upset that Tom and Don where let go because they feel like they were doing such a good job. They are not seeing the big picture here. They mismanaged both companies and it finally caught up to them. They did the same at Carriage.

And I also know of a couple of other things Don and Tom had planned for RW/CR and thank God Thor corporate stepped in when they did. I am glad you have had good service from your unit for 9 months and hope you have many more years of good service but some on this forum and on the Redwood forum have not been as blessed as you. And those of us that have been a part of Crossroads for many years have seen what these two did to a company that use to be regarded as one of the best in the business for quality, service and warranty be reduced to just another RV manufacture.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #48
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
Buddy, you keep "quoting" me on this post like you feel I am bashing Crossroads/Redwood. I have never said anything in this thread to bash them in any way, I am only stating things I know are going on within the company. Isee a couple of poston the Redwood forum where they seemed to be upset that Tom and Don where let go because they feel like they were doing such a good job. They are not seeing the big picture here. They mismanaged both companies and it finally caught up to them. They did the same at Carriage.

And I also know of a couple of other things Don and Tom had planned for RW/CR and thank God Thor corporate stepped in when they did. I am glad you have had good service from your unit for 9 months and hope you have many more years of good service but some on this forum and on the Redwood forum have not been as blessed as you. And those of us that have been a part of Crossroads for many years have seen what these two did to a company that use to be regarded as one of the best in the business for quality, service and warranty be reduced to just another RV manufacture.
I know it is in our tithes and favor that keeps everything operating properly. Too Blessed to be stressed. Happy Camping
Old 08-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #49
Family Vacation Member

We love our Crossroads too, no problems to speak of, small issues dealt with by phoning service dept. No questions asked, very impressed!
Our Z1 has quality construction and features not found in past higher priced competitor models we have owned.
On an east coast journey now, no problems with our unit. We love it!
I takked to Tom and Don at the rally, very nice group of people.
I wish every one the best for the future.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #50
Full Time Camper

Hunter 11 and many others have posted here for years. He, Lloyd, Larry and many others the list is long. They have provided a wealth of friendly input, knowledge and advice.
I bought a CR 5th wheel after much research in 2010. I was particularly influenced by this forum and its content. The product was outstanding at its price point. The 2 + 5 was one of the best at that time and was fully honered by CR.
This is not a "bashing" situation they know a better CR. Judging by all the complaints registered here as compared to the past things have changed. If you are happy with your unit (as I am) that is great. Thor has recognized tha Don and Tom at the helm was a mistake and corrected it
Lets all hope that this change is for the better and continue to support ourselves on this forum.
Go Well
Old 08-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #51
Site Team

Maybe for those unfortunate souls that are having so many problems with their units, a little

tithes and favor could be said. I'm sure they would be most appreciative.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #52
Full Time Camper

Heard a rumor today Crossroads may already have a new Prez. Coming over from another manufacture.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
Full Time Camper

If that is the case this move has been coming for a while

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #54
Site Team

Sure hope for everybody's sake, they picked one that's people/customer oriented this time.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #55
Full Time Camper

Well the manufacture he is coming from is not one of the best out there but maybe things will work out.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

Do we have to give him a honeymoon?
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #57
Full Time Camper

What brand is he coming from?????

Old 08-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #58
Full Time Camper

Keystone.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #59
Full Time Camper

Wasn't Bob Martin formerly Pres of Keystone before named to head up Thor?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #60
Full Time Camper

Matt Zimmerman new guy?