Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

This past November I stored my F250 for the winter. Â*Same place as the inside storage for the Sunet Trail, but the Ford gets it's own garage (has a hard time hanging out with GMC, Chev, Dodge, Toyota). Â*When it gets right down to it, my F250 just doesn't know how to play nice in the sandbox with the other trucks. Â*Any way, it gets its' own private room for the winter months.Â*

I had Saturday morning to myself. Â*Sunny, not warm ... but no wind. Â*Thought it looked like a fine morning to go shoot 100 rounds of Sporting Clays. Â*I'm sorry, but some things are best left for trucks. Â*I just couldn't bring myself to show up at the range in the Subaru. Â*Boy, I miss that big truck. Â*Then I thought maybe I should get some lumber so I could build some shelves in the garage. Â*Dang it all, where is that truckÂ*Â*Â*Too frickin cold to have the hatch open to haul wood home. Â*

You know, when fuel was $4+/gallon buying that Subaru looked like a great idea. Â*Sure, I get triple the fuel economy as that V10. Â*But gosh, I'm only saving half what I did when I parked the Ford. Â*Now, you really never know how much you miss something until you don't have it. Â*I miss my F250!

So now I'm feeling blue. Â*Made my first camping reservations for 2009. Â*The sun is out but it's so cold the bumper is threatening to fall off that Subaru. Â*Sure would be nice to grab the truck and Sunset Trail and hit the road. Â*But what's this I see? Â*2 inches of snow in Georgia. Â*Shoot, I'm better off staying at home after all.

So all this is the long way around to simply say I'm ready for winter to end. Â*Spring can come early. Â*I'm anxious to get the truck and trailer and hit the open road. Â*Yep, I've got cabin fever and I'm ready for Spring fever.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sounds like your truck and Sunset Trails want to go to the Texas Rally

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I'm ready for a road trip but B&Bs just aren't the same as the ST. Â*

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa2
This past November I stored my F250 for the winter. Same place as the inside storage for the Sunet Trail, but the Ford gets it's own garage (has a hard time hanging out with GMC, Chev, Dodge, Toyota). When it gets right down to it, my F250 just doesn't know how to play nice in the sandbox with the other trucks. Any way, it gets its' own private room for the winter months.

A real truck would stay out and play in the snow!!

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Mine did ... and won the world championship. That's why it's now retired

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I see my truck and sunset trail everyday as I walk outside. Usually I walk right past the truck to the motorcycle.

2 more weeks until our first trip this year.

https://2guysdev.com/mark/allthetoys.jpg

maskins is offline   Reply With Quote