Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2022, 07:31 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Sadly time to say good bye!

It is time to say good bye and move on. We recently sold our Crossroads Sunset Trails 291RK and replaced with a 2010 Forest River Lexington 300SS GTS motor home. No we have not gone to the "dark side" (many people think I was born there but that's a different story). We debated in past many times about trailer or motor home but always stayed with the trailer and tow vehicle. The 291RK with a rear kitchen has the wheels set so far back to be able to balance the weight in the rear that the turning radius was crazy-wide. It was so hard to maneuver in/out of places. Once it was set on a site it was great for space but was a nightmare to get places. I made a decision to go the motor home route and pull a vehicle (Jeep). We found a 2010 Lexington 300SS GTS with just short of 27K that had been inside kept all its life. I bought from original owners. The workmanship is very good. There is 4" of Styrofoam insulation in the ceiling and cabinets are solid maple doors. Even the base cabinet wood is real wood with a veneer to match the doors. It is built well. The Triton V10 is a proven tank of a motor as in transmission. I got 8.8 mpg running 65-67 the 8+ hour drive home even running the A/C. We chose the Lexington because it has an aerodynamic bubble instead of the big overhanging bed most MH have. I couldn't even get 200 miles from a 26 gallon tank on the RAM. We did loose a little overall space but the trade offs were worth it (to us). It is still 32' so not small by any measure. But it drives liker a big van and I easily got it in/out of a gas station configured for autos/small trucks. So overall we are quite happy.
Thank you to all for the input when I needed it and I know I posted some good stuff for fixes/improvements like the rollers under the slides and insulation under the Coroplast including the water pipes and sending the basement duct forward to actually provide warm air forward. I find it hard to keep up with multiple forums and why I am disconnecting from this and Keystone. Be safe and hopefully see Y'all on the road somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4884.jpg (431.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4891.jpg (214.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4893.jpg (215.2 KB, 9 views)
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
Site Team

Good luck with that new to you MH. That's a very nice looking rig. Quite apparent the previous owners took good care of it.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
Site Team

Nice motorhome!

No need to go anywhere. There are some other SOB's--- Some Other Brand Owners here so stick around.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:10 PM   #4
Site Team

Best of luck with your "new" camper. Your always welcome to stop by the forum for help or just to say "hello."

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Congrats and enjoy!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 06:06 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Congrats! I’m a SOB owner and I still stick around.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:45 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I'm the owner of two SOB units. This forum is still daily reading since 2007. Priceless!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

As dagst1 said, no need to leave the site. I was going to sign off as well, but still get some ideas and can provide some knowledge based on past experience.

But if you do leave, enjoy the road and maybe we will meet somewhere on the way.
2020 Silverado HD3500 Duramax
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:28 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

That's a beauty. I recently got our first motorhome. However, mine is a vintage 1995 GeorgieBoy that we are rehabbing. It's been an adventure so far, but we spent our first night in it over the weekend. I hope you enjoy yours for years to come.

I hang out a little on all of the forums since I have a little bit of everything. I currently have 6 RVs.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote