Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
Site Team

Something Good!

With the state of things i thought i would start a thread about good things.

First we just got our camper back from the shop. Late last year while camping a fair size tree branch fell on the main slide - damaged the inside roof and broke 2 rafters. I know this is about good news but the good part was it did not break the rubber roof so we were able to finish out the camping season. After insurance and scheduling it for repair it went in in march and yes it was promptly quarantined. Just got it back and the good news was there was other damage that was fixed for the same insurance quote - no additional money - good news!

Second and most important is our new to us Granddaughter. Our son is to be married next month and his soon to be wife has a little girl that is 8 years old. She had to go with us to pick up the camper from the shop --Shoemakers RV in Bevier Mo -- they did a excellent job -- and on the way home she asked if she could go "yard camping" to see if she would like it. Good news she does! So tomorrow night we are heading to a local State park with her in tow. Wish us luck!!

Yes we are going not too far so mommy can come get her if need be. Last night we had a fire in the backyard fire pit. Roasted some hot-dogs and marshmallows and learned about fire safety. She had a good time.

So what is going on in your life that's good?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Site Team

You certainly do have good things to report!!
Enjoy, enjoy.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

It's great to hear some good news for a change!!! Have fun with your Granddaughter, I'm sure you'll make some great memories. The govenor here in Michigan has finally allowed private campgrounds to open.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:59 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Good news indeed ! My daughters couldn't be bothered to go with us, but my 11 year old grandson comes along occasionally, and even leaves his xbox at home, which is extremely rare. In my eyes that speaks volumes about the lifestyle. Have a great time with her.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
Site Team

We had a pretty good time at noon today. Sitting down for a bite to eat, and I seen this doe run across the front lawn between the house and the road.
Pretty soon she came over and laid down right the edge of the lawn/ woods.
We thought at first maybe she was hurt or something wrong. Wasn't to much longer she got up and started feeding on leaves. Next thing we knew, she was gone. Vanished into the woods.

Not as good as your happenings Dan, but it was a bright spot in our day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2299.jpg (154.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2301.jpg (191.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2303.jpg (228.6 KB, 9 views)
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote