Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
Site Team

Stay at home order. What do you do.

Just wondering how everyone who's state has a stay at home order is surviving?

Personally, I went through all my clothing to see what to chuck out, did extensive bookmark cleaning on the computer, and of course there is always TV and computer surfing. (I'm limited to what I can do as a result of recent back surgeries.)

Do miss my Dunkin time and meeting with friends, plus haven't seen the grandchildren in quite a while. (Facetime only, which is better than nothing)

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sitting around ordering parts for my 98 Dodge.. Picked up a exhaust brake 1/2 price. Now going to upgrade the exhaust manifold. Just waiting for the parts to show up. Gave my girl a fur cut today. She did really great this time. Time to patch our awning. Every year pull off the old and replace with new. Tomorrow go get my last check from my part time job at GMC dealership. Was working in the parts dept two days a week. It's nice to be home full time. Just waiting to head out sometime in the future.
Gary0322201851.jpg
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Site Team

My son runs a lawn care business so been busy getting everything up and running.. To combat the boredom on Sunday after church - we have a drive in church service everyone stays in there car and we park at least 10 ft apart - we self isolate in the truck and take a drive. Other than gas we do not stop so no human contact. Other than that my wife still goes to work she is in the healthcare field - Home health- so her job is "essential"
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:30 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I pray for our freedom and liberty to be returned soon!

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post

Huh?
What am I missing here? I wasn't aware that we had lost either one.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #6
Site Team

Our routine hasn’t changed a whole lot. We are limiting our trips out and about to once a week for groceries and essentials. We try to get outside for a walk every day.
I’m waiting for my shed to warm up a little more. I have a few things I would like to do on the camper. Still have hopes of being able to get out with it some this year.

Now---today, Barb is going to make a blueberry pie. That will be something for me to anticipate and drool about.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:52 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post

Welcome to the reality in some parts of the world! You have it good here and a little cooperation to get over this is nothing compared to that.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

All we do, or should I say me, is groceries once a week. My wife still works in the automotive service industry so she’s working. We made cinnamon buns the other day. Were they ever good!!!
Old 04-07-2020, 08:09 AM   #9
Site Team

Lloyd. Can i put in a order for 1 blueberry pie please.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
Site Team

Dan, PM sent.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Been doing outside chores. Moving my wife’s plants and flowers from one spot to another at her direction. Dismantled both small yard windmills and repainted. Serviced lawnmower with new blades, grease, etc. Did maintenance on the camper, inside and out. Moved more plants. Refinished outside table and chairs. Moved more plants. Raked lawn. Squirrel proofed the bird feeder. Moved more plants. Stained boards on new atv trailer. Wait for mailman everyday. Trimmed some trees. Put up outside umbrella and furniture. Like a dog in my rural area, hear a car and run to the window to see them go by. Lol

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #12
Site Team

I need a volunteer to put the cutting deck back on the John Deere. Anyone available?

Will provide refreshments.

My mechanic offered to do it after his finishes with the exhaust manifolds on my truck, but that's another story.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 04-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #13
Site Team

Isn't that the quick attach hookup where you just drive over the deck?
Old 04-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #14
Site Team

No, that was on the next years model.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #15
Family Vacation Member

After 2 weeks of work which is a 4 on/off shift I finally went out and put gas in truck. 14.00 and paid 16.00 to was my truck. I've been ordering everything for the RV. Now amazon is prioritizing and everything else will arrive in May!
That's just silly, but what is left to purchase is fuses and EMS. I'll get everything else installed I guess.
Airborne Elite Sidewinder pin, Maxx air 7500 Fan
2015 GMC LTZ,6.2 Gas, Short Box, Firestone F3 air ride.
Bilstein Shocks
Miniozzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #16
Seasonal Camper

On warm sunny days I have been vacuuming up leaves (to wet last fall), fixing divots I created plowing snow on unfrozen ground this winter. Pulled a couple of dead trees out of the river and cut them up. On rainy days I have been working on the TT in the barn. I'm repairing the float side of my living room schwintek slide. New gear racks and bearing blocks, also added some HDPE strips for the slide rollers as the under side of the slide material was getting torn up. Just about ready to reinstall the slide mechanism.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:30 AM   #17
Seasonal Camper

I have recently engaged in battle with 3 squirrels that seem to enjoy the confines of my shed. Last fall they chewed a hole in the rear wall to gain access where a leaning tree grazes the back corner, and have been trashing the place ever since, knocking items off the shelves, bringing in leaves and twigs, ect.
I let them get comfy over the winter (due to my soft heart) but now that the weather is warming, I have sounded the alarm.
My first wave of the battle was to seal up the hole with a sheet of stainless plate near the tree, large enough that they cannot rest on the tree for another long chew session.
Knowing that the hole was an exit as well as an entry, I realized that I must now force them from the shed through the front door. In what was a pretty comical few minutes, I
tried to chase them out without injury, which led to me basically standing in the center of the shed while they circled the shed at high speed, chattering in what I can only guess were squirrel obscenities. I had to raise the white flag.
My second wave involved my electric smoker. I intended to do a small piece of brisket anyway, so I figured I would set it up in the shed, and kill 2 birds, so to speak. Prepare a wonderful dinner, and smoke them varmints out, forcing them to retreat to clean air.
Apparently, they didn't mind the smoke all that much.....perhaps they enjoyed the smell of smoking brisket wafting into the rafters of the shed. I can't be certain, but I thought I may have seen one of them wearing a bib, holding a knife and fork when I went in to retrieve my meat. (I may have imagined that part). Another white flag.
My current wave, and what may be my last before things get medieval involves the 2 house cats, one of which is known to be a great hunter, and will occasionally wander into the house through the cat door with recent conquests hanging from her mouth,
and leave tufts of rabbit fur strewn throughout the front yard from enemies that helplessly trudge onto her land without knowing what lurks behind the Oak trees scattered about the property. Perhaps if I leave the shed doors open, he will go inside to satisfy his curiousity, and declare his dominance over the new found fortress, and banish the squirrels from his kingdom. Only time will tell. I will be doin spot-checks throughout the day today, and when the time is right, seal the front doors, and hope that they decide to find a nice tree in the 18 acres behind my property.
If all else fails, I will be heading to the tractor supply for a few rat traps, but I hope it doesn't come to that. We are a gentle people, and wish for only peace here.
You're welcome for me helping you waste 5 minutes of your day.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:34 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrizz View Post
I have recently engaged in battle with 3 squirrels that seem to enjoy the confines of my shed. Last fall they chewed a hole in the rear wall to gain access where a leaning tree grazes the back corner, and have been trashing the place ever since, knocking items off the shelves, bringing in leaves and twigs, ect.
I let them get comfy over the winter (due to my soft heart) but now that the weather is warming, I have sounded the alarm.
My first wave of the battle was to seal up the hole with a sheet of stainless plate near the tree, large enough that they cannot rest on the tree for another long chew session.
Knowing that the hole was an exit as well as an entry, I realized that I must now force them from the shed through the front door. In what was a pretty comical few minutes, I
tried to chase them out without injury, which led to me basically standing in the center of the shed while they circled the shed at high speed, chattering in what I can only guess were squirrel obscenities. I had to raise the white flag.
My second wave involved my electric smoker. I intended to do a small piece of brisket anyway, so I figured I would set it up in the shed, and kill 2 birds, so to speak. Prepare a wonderful dinner, and smoke them varmints out, forcing them to retreat to clean air.
Apparently, they didn't mind the smoke all that much.....perhaps they enjoyed the smell of smoking brisket wafting into the rafters of the shed. I can't be certain, but I thought I may have seen one of them wearing a bib, holding a knife and fork when I went in to retrieve my meat. (I may have imagined that part). Another white flag.
My current wave, and what may be my last before things get medieval involves the 2 house cats, one of which is known to be a great hunter, and will occasionally wander into the house through the cat door with recent conquests hanging from her mouth,
and leave tufts of rabbit fur strewn throughout the front yard from enemies that helplessly trudge onto her land without knowing what lurks behind the Oak trees scattered about the property. Perhaps if I leave the shed doors open, he will go inside to satisfy his curiousity, and declare his dominance over the new found fortress, and banish the squirrels from his kingdom. Only time will tell. I will be doin spot-checks throughout the day today, and when the time is right, seal the front doors, and hope that they decide to find a nice tree in the 18 acres behind my property.
If all else fails, I will be heading to the tractor supply for a few rat traps, but I hope it doesn't come to that. We are a gentle people, and wish for only peace here.
You're welcome for me helping you waste 5 minutes of your day.

Now that was a good laugh! I could just see you in the shed with the three of them
Old 04-08-2020, 06:12 AM   #19
Seasonal Camper

It was pretty ridiculous. I figured they would bolt if I was in there, but they held their ground. I think I was the only one scared in there. They did have the high ground, though.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #20
Weekend Camper

Retired so most of my "projects" were pretty caught up. But there is always something to do around my house. My yard will probably look the best it has in the 30 years I have lived here.

One bad thing, my wife still works and is now working from home. I can't get away with anything while she is here. Lol. be safe and healthy...Jim
4X4, 3.73 gears, 6.4 gas engine
xltjim is offline   Reply With Quote