Installed the surge protector yesterday. I took down the wall in the
storage compartment and mounted it behind the wall. I cut the wall and
modified it so only part of it will need to be removed if the unit needs
to be serviced/replaced.
After I removed the load
center/breaker panel I cut a hole in the thin wall behind it and then
cut holes in walls in the storage compartment to pull the cables
through. There was plenty of input cable in the trailer and I used
about 3 feet of output cable.
Purchased the 3 conductor with ground 6 gauge cable which is rated for 55 amps at Lowes.
conductor with ground 6 gauge wire was a little tough to work with in
the surge protector. Also getting the wire in and through the current
sensors took a little time - not much room in the surge protector for
all the wires and stuff. I left the time delay set at the factory
setting - ran the A/C and there were no problems.
The connections in the breaker panel are way over tightened by the manuf.
the power first turned on from house power ( I have a RV 30 amp box
mounted on the side of my garage) L1 was indicating 6 amps - converter
charging the batteries - this morning L1 is indicating 1 amp. With the
A/C on L2 was indicating 12 amps. L1 voltage was 120 volts and L2
voltage was 119 volts with the AC on. Frequency stated at 60 hertz
which I would expect.
I'll hook up my 4000 watt
yamaha generator to the trailer and see if there are any issues. Some
have reported that there were "ground" issues" that must be dealt with.
The reading on the meter below is 60H (60 hertz)
The meters provided the following indications in the sequenced listed this morning ( will try to upload the video)
E 0, L-1, 121, 1A, L-2, 121, 0A, 60H