Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #81
Full Time Camper

GREAT video too!!!

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #82
Full Time Camper

Thought I'd post an update since we have been home for three weeks now. With the Cruiser parked in the RVport, cell phone signal is decent including for the USB modem. I have a macerator pump hooked to the sewer outlet so I can empty the tanks thru a 1" pvc line into the septic tank. Don't have the water system up yet, so it takes several hundred feet of hose to fill the water tank. We are using bottled water for drinking. The lexan sidewall panels let in plenty of light. So we are pretty comfortable.

As for the house. All wiring is done and checked out including outside floodlights and GFIs. Temporary lighting has been moved down to the ceiling fixtures. Pocket door frames have been reinforced with plywood and sheetrock glued to the frames. Water heater, air handler and pantry closets are finished inside. Wiring run for landline, sound system and sat. TV. Waste drains and vent stacks are done. Water heater in place. Still need to run the water lines. Heat pump system is in transit, should be here next week so I can install the duct work, freon lines and set the air handler. Should be ready for sheetrock by the end of the month.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #83
Site Team

Sounds like you have been hard at work down there.
You probably are anticipating the hot weather arriving, and would like to wind it up before that hits.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #84
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear that things are moving along at an orderly pace. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished product in a few months. I am sure that you and Eileen are more comfortable now that you are back on home turf.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #85
Full Time Camper

It is so nice to see everything is falling into place. It sounds like you will be the first on the block to be rebuilt and moved in. Hope to see pictures in April when we attend the rally.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #86
Family Vacation Member

Glad things are coming together for you.
Thanks for keeping us posted.

https://i43.tinypic.com/rlz8tk.jpg

Life is too short not to live it as a Texan.
Texas1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #87
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Sounds like you have been hard at work down there.
You probably are anticipating the hot weather arriving, and would like to wind it up before that hits.

Lloyd, you are so right. Unfortunately, once the sheetrock is up, doing the blown-in insulation will be hot work no matter what time of the year it is down here in Texas. With insulation already on the roof, sheetrock below and a work light, it will be sweat city. Maybe you can send some really cold weather down, I'll tell you when.

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #88
Full Time Camper

I can send some extra snow!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #89
Full Time Camper

Excellent update....we used the blown in insulation when we built 9-years ago....good stuff.

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #90
Full Time Camper

Well, it was over 80 degrees here yesterday, good day to be on the roof finishing off the vent stacks. With the help from a neighbor, the water lines were finished and leak checked today. Also set the shower base. Tomorrow it is time to set the air handler and get as much of the duct work done as possible, although some of the material is still in transit. May be ready for drywall within a week. Hopefully we will get some cooler weather when time for the ceiling insulation.

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #91
Site Team

Curious as to whether or not, what you call an "air handler", might be the same as what I have in the house and call it an "air to air exchanger"?

80 degrees huh? Been around 12 degrees below zero here the last few nights. If you have a good carton, send it up here and I will fill it with some of that and ship it back to you. You can dribble it out in the attic when you insulate.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #92
Full Time Camper

75 here in Tucson...sorry 'bout that, Lloyd.

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #93
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Curious as to whether or not, what you call an "air handler", might be the same as what I have in the house and call it an "air to air exchanger"?
Nope, the blower and the aux. heat strip for the heat pump. According to the calculations, I need just under 1.5 ton cooling and even less heating. Our "air to air exchanger" is called "open the window", even in January.

Quote:
80 degrees huh? Been around 12 degrees below zero here the last few nights. If you have a good carton, send it up here and I will fill it with some of that and ship it back to you. You can dribble it out in the attic when you insulate.

Lloyd, a good carton implies something well insulated, which I don't have enough of yet. Surely your house is well insulated, so just use some of that to wrap around the -12 degree air and ship it UPS. Better yet, just stick it in the back of your truck and drive down, that way you can thaw out before the rally.

Edited by: Dayle1

11 Cruiser CF32MK
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #94
Full Time Camper

I can't believe how well everything is going.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #95
Site Team

Larry, I seen Spicewood, TX. made headline news at noon today. Hopefully this isn't affecting you. I even thought I seen your house.
Here is a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/31/spicewood-texas-water-shortage_n_1243334.html?ref=green
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #96
Full Time Camper

Larry is on his own well. This area that is having water trucked in is over by where we use to live. For Spicewood being such a small place they encompass a large area. If this drought continues into this year which they say it is going to there are going to be a lot of people in big trouble around here come Summer time.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #97
Full Time Camper

The water problem seem to be different in different places. I read in the news were College Station where George (gball) lives and in Spicewood they are trucking it in. Here if we did not get the early rain would be much more behind that we are now ... In fact it more like July and not January. I hope we all get a little rain before the rally.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #98
Full Time Camper

Let ma add I read college station was flooding. I did not get that in the post above,

Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #99
Full Time Camper

George:

I can attest that we are neither flooding nor hauling in water in the College Station area. At the present time this area has sufficient water sources. We did get some much needed rain last Wednesday and a little shower this morning. However, we are in such dire need of moisture that I don't think anyone here would complain if we got enough rain to cause some minor flooding.

Some parts of Houston did flood during the rains last week.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #100
Full Time Camper

Actually, the affected area is called Spicewood Beach and it is a few miles away. On the other hand, my well was almost dry before the Sept. fire and I have not used it since. I still need a storage tank, pressure pump and then new water line to the house. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get around to those tasks.

I finished all the duct work last week and tonight in 2-1/2 hrs, we set the outside heat pump, hooked up the line set and fired up the system, so now we have heat and A/C operational. What a milestone and it sure is a quiet system.

Changed my mind about attic insulation, I'm putting in R30 batts right now rather than blown-in insulation. I want time to adjust the dampers on the air ducts, check for air leaks and verify the sat. and stereo wiring w/o having to wade thru a bunch of loose insulation. Even the R30 batts are thicker than the 2x8 rafters, so the only way to tell where the rafters are is by looking for the joints between the batts. I can add some blown-in insulation later, maybe next winter.

I've got a drywall crew scheduled for next Monday and still have a full schedule of tasks to get done before they arrive.

11 Cruiser CF32MK